Christmas Eve 2008 - What's everyone having for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
somewhere else on this board I thought I said I was making three different pizzas tonight. 1. Stuffed Broccoli Rabe Pizza; 2. Pissaladiere Nicoise; 3. Pesto and Artichokes with fresh Mozzarella.

Anyone who wants to come by, bring a bottle of wine. ;)

June, I haven't made Pissaladiere Nicoise for ages! Thanks for the reminder. The other two sound just as delicious. Will a bottle of white do?

It's a Feast of the Seven Fishes for us, tonight.

Sardine and pignoli crostini with lemon aioli

Stuffed clams and stuffed peppers (anchovy in the filling)

Seared scallops over frissee with grilled shrimp

Lobster ravioil with caviar cream sauce

Eggplant Napoleons stuffed with crabmeat

Salmon wellington with currants, pignoli and sauteed mushrooms with a sage and shallot glaze.

Dessert is a million christmas cookies, Tiramisu and a triple layer gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting.

The Proseco is for the first few courses. There's a Pinot Noir for the last couple of courses, and a Banfi Red Regal for dessert.

That is...if I ever get out of here.

Appetizers: clams oregano/oreganato
shrimp cocktail - instead of scampi
mussels marinara
then and with:
cold antipasto with anchovies

then dinner:
lobster tails and fillet mignon, baked potato

then dessert:
my cheesecake and lemon meringue pie, fruit
and cookie platter

That sounds amazing....I'm so jealous!

Paul's making crust
I'm making sauce
throwing it together with cheese and toppings, his meat /mine veggies and calling it pizza!

The tradition in my family is that we will all meet at my son's house after church service and stuff ourselves with some of the best hors d' oevres and appetizers and drinks and cookies, and whatever. Then open gifts and eat some more.
So many people are having pizza, maybe we should add that to our menu.

It's a Feast of the Seven Fishes for us, tonight.

Sardine and pignoli crostini with lemon aioli

Stuffed clams and stuffed peppers (anchovy in the filling)

Seared scallops over frissee with grilled shrimp

Lobster ravioil with caviar cream sauce

Eggplant Napoleons stuffed with crabmeat

Salmon wellington with currants, pignoli and sauteed mushrooms with a sage and shallot glaze.

Dessert is a million christmas cookies, Tiramisu and a triple layer gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting.

The Proseco is for the first few courses. There's a Pinot Noir for the last couple of courses, and a Banfi Red Regal for dessert.

That is...if I ever get out of here.

Coming from an Italian family, I remember that tradtion well. We don't do that anymore but I sure do like your menu. Too bad we got away from it. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that likes anchovies.

After Church it will be Steak, Shrimp, Loaded Baked Potatoes. Salad, Rolls and Banana Puddin' for dessert!

Traditionally? ---- Fried Oysters!! I'm breaking a lot of traditions this year, so it's Chili and all the fixins to include Cornbread!!!! A piece of Candy for dessert!!

We're making a brined roasted chicken with stuffing (made too much for Thanksgiving, so froze some), roasted asparagus, and mashed potatoes.

We always have a table laden with each of the kids requests..So there will be my dad's avocado dip and sliced baguette,smoked salmon and crackers, a very large tray of anti pasti, mortadella, salami's turkey,ham, cheeses peppers. peppers stuffed with cheese and proscuitto,4 kinds of olives, roasted red peppers, baby corn,marinated artichokes,brie with pepper and nutmeg and crackers,thuringer, fudge, chocolate mulattoe cookies,foccacia,spinach dip, fondue,a large platter of shrimp and cocktail sauce...and for my sister clam dip and chips...little sweet peppers stuffed with feta,garlic and herbs. Groan:LOL: Merry Christmas everyone

kadesma

Just DD and I we are having fried potatoes mixed with egg. I'm going to through in bacon and cheese.

This is the 7th anniversary of when James moved down to South Carolina to be with me. He got here late that night and the only thing in town that was open was the local Chinese place, Jin Jin. So we are having Chinese from Jin Jin's tonight. We actually had it for a late lunch, and we will finish it off after church tonight. Hot and Sour Soup (for me--James doesn't like it), egg rolls, spring rolls, Beef Chowmein (for James), Beef and Mushrooms (me), and plenty of fortune cookies.

:)Barbara

we only ate a salmon quiche and Belgium truffles...we'll eat a lot tomorrow at lunch time...:LOL::pig::-p

Back
Top Bottom