Christmas Eve Dinner. What's On The Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(((hugs)))

Yup, get those liquids in you. I hope you feel better really soon.

I thought I was feeling better, until I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day.

Ramen it is.

Of course having a girlfriend visit with a big bottle of booze helped.

Hugs always help. Thanks TL.

I thought I was feeling better, until I realized I hadn't eaten anything all day.

Ramen it is.

Of course having a girlfriend visit with a big bottle of booze helped.

Hugs always help. Thanks TL.

Thanks just the cough syrup, you need some real fluids in!:)

Merry Christmas eve everyone!!

Christmas Eve Dinner:

Panko herb crusted Fried Cod, Fried Calamari, tomato sauce & homemade tartar sauce.

img_951120_0_3fa7e88baa28c4247216de8175d883c2.jpg

Baked Stuffed Clams & Garlic Bread

img_951120_1_3d07dff8c2dc3903783ec225972d24e4.jpg

Dinner plate fried cod, fried calamari, baked clams, spinach & chive linguine with White Clam Sauce & garlic bread.

img_951120_2_adbba6eef7edbb5d6ff88d8f40b361ea.jpg

Cheesecake with cherry topping to be served later.

Merry Christmas eve everyone!!

Christmas Eve Dinner:

Panko herb crusted Fried Cod, Fried Calamari, tomato sauce & homemade tartar sauce.

Baked Stuffed Clams & Garlic Bread

Dinner plate fried cod, fried calamari, baked clams, spinach & chive linguine with White Clam Sauce & garlic bread.

Cheesecake with cherry topping to be served later.

That looks absolutely marvelous!:pig:

Thanks just the cough syrup, you need some real fluids in!:)

Do you know how tastless and boring Ramen tastes if you don't add something. Yeeeww. But I have eaten half of it so far.

The vodka does/did help. I haven't had any bed sleep for days. Probably from eating fudge for bedtime snacks.:ROFLMAO:

But, thanks to the alcohol I had two nice naps, right here in the recliner.:sleep::sleep:

thought i was feeling better too. no nap today. barely made it three hours at the christmas to do. lots and lots of food. but didn't feel like eating much. getting ready to crawl into bed. hope i feel better in the a.m for the great grand babies.

barely made it three hours at the christmas eve to do. lots of food but not very hungry. just a little baked brie and some cheesecake. lots of nice people , just need to go to bed. sorry you are not feeling better either, Z. half a bottle of bubbling wine helped a bit. can't stay half snockered all the time, though it is tempting.

I hope you feel better too. The grandbabies will make you feel good, I'm sure. Merry Chrismas, girlfriend. Remember, I can't get better until you do.

Fed Ex showed up with the last of the gifts about an hr ago. Phew!! Have them wrapped and ready to take to son's house tomorrow. Steve and I made the cheesy potatoes to take, and also the broccoli salad. I found a pretty gold leaf plate charger at the store, and arranged the five kinds of "No Brainer Perfect Fudge". The grocery was a zoo........ big surprise. We played "Rat Pack" Christmas music, and shared memories of Christmas past, with tamale's made by the neighbor. A nice(couple of)bottles of wine has rounded out the evening. May as well be honest. :ROFLMAO:
Hope you both feel better, Z and Babe.
Many blessings to all...........

My kid brother (the best) got here after a driving 4 hrs it usually takes 50 mins, I cooked beef stew and yorkshire puds, my wife made creme brulee.
My wife is a long way from her family so it is bitter sweet for her, we lit a big fire and talked and talked. He brought more joy than any presents and this morning we will go as a family to see my Mum, we all enjoy spending time with the other residents some who have no family left:)

We've got a little local tradition going where we go out to dinner for my friend's father's Christmas Eve birthday dinner. Tonight we celebrated his 89th. There aren't many restaurants open in our small town on Christmas Eve, and we enjoyd our dinner and had a lovely time.

Fed Ex showed up with the last of the gifts about an hr ago. Phew!! Have them wrapped and ready to take to son's house tomorrow. Steve and I made the cheesy potatoes to take, and also the broccoli salad. I found a pretty gold leaf plate charger at the store, and arranged the five kinds of "No Brainer Perfect Fudge". The grocery was a zoo........ big surprise. We played "Rat Pack" Christmas music, and shared memories of Christmas past, with tamale's made by the neighbor. A nice(couple of)bottles of wine has rounded out the evening. May as well be honest. :ROFLMAO:
Hope you both feel better, Z and Babe.
Many blessings to all...........

Perfect title for a thread. We can bring it up next Christmas.

Have a sweet Christmas, KL. XOX Z

Last edited:
We ate at our best friends' today. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, dressing, rolls, and pumpkin pie. We will be over there most of the day tomorrow as well, and we will munch all day on leftovers from today.

:)Barbara

We ate at our best friends' today. Ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, dressing, rolls, and pumpkin pie. We will be over there most of the day tomorrow as well, and we will munch all day on leftovers from today.

:)Barbara

Sounds like a plan. Yum, Yum, Eat 'em up.

Oh Christmas Eve dinner is so special and sooo exciting. I had chicken stew, cos it was very cold and is really simple to make. Santa had a mince pie and some sherry and Rudolf,of course, a carrot!

Back
Top Bottom