Christmas Eve Dinner. What's On The Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earlier I declared the Chili for tonight done ...I just declared the Smoked Duck and Andouille Gumbo done for dinner tomorrow....Just add the duck meat and a few raw oysters....... and it will be delicious....

All systems are go....ready for launch!!

Okay, so Pecan sandies are doable? I love them, haven't found them, wouldn't even try to bake them, but there is a package of pecans ($5!) in the house....

I got the pecans to go into that pretty layered fudge. Bottom and top made with semi-sweet chocolate, melted in sweetened condensed milk, with a center layer of melted butterscotch chips infused with pecans. Doesn't that sound good? I think that I'll have a half package of pecans left.

Do you think we could come up with a pecan sandies recipe?

Earlier I declared the Chili for tonight done ...I just declared the Smoked Duck and Andouille Gumbo done for dinner tomorrow....Just add the duck meat and a few raw oysters....... and it will be delicious....

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Dddddrrrrrrrrooooooollll. Andouille, oysters, okra, duck.............

Okay, so Pecan sandies are doable? I love them, haven't found them, wouldn't even try to bake them, but there is a package of pecans ($5!) in the house....

I got the pecans to go into that pretty layered fudge. Bottom and top made with semi-sweet chocolate, melted in sweetened condensed milk, with a center layer of melted butterscotch chips infused with pecans. Doesn't that sound good? I think that I'll have a half package of pecans left.

Do you think we could come up with a pecan sandies recipe?

Absolutely! We'll come up with it!:chef:

You've got me going. Who is Cleora Butler and how do I make her crab cakes? Of all the seafood in the world, I love crab and lobsters.

And Oysters and Squid and Clams and scallops.
For 2 LARGE servings (8 cakes), Cleora uses 1 cup of mashed potatoes mixed with 1 pound of crab meat, 1 beaten egg, and a few tablespoons of green onions fried in butter. Fried to golden brown, the patties are crisp on the outside and moist inside. This method stretches the expensive ingredient without sacrificing its flavor.

Last edited:
i am taking little smokies in puff pastry blankets. what has turned out to be cranberry white choco cheesecake to a christmas eve potluck.,so will have a taste of what everyone has brought. and some sparkling wine.

Snack night! We are entertaining friends and neighbors tonight. Shrimp cocktails, cured Garlic sausage, warmed Camembert with Mango Chutney, fresh baked baguettes(which are rising as I type this}, St. Agur with shredded beef and onion jam canapes, Brie di Meaux, jerked chicken balls, veggie tray, assorted spiced olives and pickles, and oodles of other yummy snakeroos. And an assortment of spirits.Merry Christmas, Everybody!

Last edited:
Bone in roasted pork loin, mashed roots w/ spuds, savory bread and veg dressing, peas and pearl onions, homemade applesauce, pan gravy, pumpkin pie.

(I'm not cooking tomorrow. We dine with sis and friends. So I do it up tonight and New Years Eve.)

For 2 LARGE servings (8 cakes), Cleora uses 1 cup of mashed potatoes mixed with 1 pound of crab meat, 1 beaten egg, and a few tablespoons of green onions fried in butter. Fried to golden brown, the patties are crisp on the outside and moist inside. This method stretches the expensive ingredient without sacrificing its flavor.

Thanks Bill. Copied and printed.

We decided on having Christmas dinner tonight. Prime Rib Yorkshire Pudding.

Need to do some math for making eggnog. Need a quart. Stores are sold out of it. So going to try the recipe I just read here and see if anyone would know the difference.

We decided on having Christmas dinner tonight. Prime Rib Yorkshire Pudding.

Need to do some math for making eggnog. Need a quart. Stores are sold out of it. So going to try the recipe I just read here and see if anyone would know the difference.

They will probably notice that it is better :)

Be sure to wash the eggs before you crack them open, if you are going to use them raw.

That sounds truly yummy.

We had fried haddock, baked ravioli, green beans, macaroni salad, and coleslaw. I also had a bowl of vegetable crab soup. Now I'm full and watching Christmas shows.

Not even hungry. Maybe I need to go back to Ramen noodles. Still hacking and sneezing off and on.

Back
Top Bottom