Christmas Eve Dinner. What's On The Menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
The kids are coming over tonight to exchange gifts. We're ordering Chinese take-out for dinner.

What's up with you?

We ordered some home made tamales from a neighbor lady for dinner tonight.
We always have tamales for Christmas Eve dinner. I'll pull out some of my homemade chili verde from the freezer to go on top of them, and maybe make some Spanish rice and a green salad for sure. I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already. Still looking for a delivery for the rest of the gifts...they were promised to get here by today......holding breath!

Fried Oysters for me....Chili on the stove for those drifting in at different times....

Bourbon Balls, Sausage Balls, Chocolate Cookies and milk for Santa....Rudolf will be dining on Carrots.....

Good question. I've been "dining" on Christmas cookies and candies all morning. Hopefully my appetite will pick up in time to decide what to take out of the freezer. Could be frozen pizza, could be lobster.

Probably a lot of nibbling today. I don't THINK anyone is coming by, but you just never know. I think I'll put on a pot of chicken soup, and make some dumplings to go with. (Might try kitchenelf's slippery dumplings) I JUST remembered to take out the turkey last night! *forehead slap* So its sitting in water outside the back door. Cross your fingers people!

This what is planned but things may change.
Baked Stuffed Clams
Fried Calamari
Panko herb crusted Fried Fish
White Clam Sauce
Stuffed Mushrooms
Broccoli with oil & garlic
Tomato sauce
Linguine
Garlic Bread
Salad
Cheese Cake with cherry topping

No plans. We'll see what we're in the mood for later. I've been too busy baking and cleaning to think about dinner!

We ordered some home made tamales from a neighbor lady for dinner tonight.
We always have tamales for Christmas Eve dinner. I'll pull out some of my homemade chili verde from the freezer to go on top of them, and maybe make some Spanish rice and a green salad for sure. I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already. Still looking for a delivery for the rest of the gifts...they were promised to get here by today......holding breath!

I envy you.. We have a neighbor lady who brings us a batch of Tamales every Christmas morning. You should see my husband. He has no shame when it comes to her Tamales. He's hanging on the door drooling on the knob, looking out the window waiting.. Kid at Christmas.

Every time I ask her what she puts in it. She just says pork. That's not telling me much.. HO HO HO...

Cleora Butler's crab cakes and cole slaw. Maybe some baked fudge.

You've got me going. Who is Cleora Butler and how do I make her crab cakes? Of all the seafood in the world, I love crab and lobsters.

And Oysters and Squid and Clams and scallops.

We have started the day with pastrami and swiss biscuits, with scrambled eggs, juice and coffee.

Then I am starting up a pot of Clam Chowder, something I can ignore for the most part while I finish up the Tamales for tomorrow. I've got my beans soaking for refries.

We have started the day with pastrami and swiss biscuits, with scrambled eggs, juice and coffee.

Then I am starting up a pot of Clam Chowder, something I can ignore for the most part while I finish up the Tamales for tomorrow. I've got my beans soaking for refries.

Busy lady. Details later?

Where do you find the energy? Are shortbread cookies like Pecan Sandies?

:LOL:I slept in until 10 this morning:LOL: Also, I am used to getting 28 patients their meds and into bed each night! This is easy compared to that!

Of course, at home I have to worry about stepping on cats and keeping Shrek out of the kitchen:ROFLMAO:

The base cookie in a Pecan Sandie IS shortbread, mine will be plain with the lemon curd on the side, simple and delicious. I have a mini-scone pan I'll bake the shortbread in.

Back
Top Bottom