Christmas gifts for friends...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
Every year I try to do something different. This year, I've ordered 10 cans of Ghiradelli Hot Chocolate mix, and I'm going to bag it up with mugs, chocolate dipped candy canes and marsmallows, and half-pints of peppermint schnapps. I'll have 10 gifts for around $200. I have one friend that can't do alcohol, though, and I'm trying to figure out what to substitute for the booze. Any ideas?

If there is a nice specialty tea shop, your favourite flavour (or his/her if you know it) of tea or herb tea leaves, with a tea ball. At this time of the year, they usually have some selections wrapped quaintly just for this purpose, too!!

also some cinnamon sticks and specialty honey?

Hi Constance, that sounds like a really nice gift you've put together :) Two ideas for your friend who cannot have alcohol...

Flavoured coffee syrups, these often taste amazing in hot cocoa (some brands are sugar free too). There are lots of brands on the market, but I'm not an expert (sorry) so I can't really say one is much better than the other. A few that I've heard of or read about are Da Vinci, Torani, Monin, Dolce and Stirling. Another idea is to get your friend one of those cool little handheld frothers (usually they are battery operated), that he/she could use to whip up their cocoa into a light, cappuccino style drink.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

Connie,
I'm making both my sons a breakfast basket for Christmas. Each one is getting peppered bacon, smoked thick sliced bacon, beef/pork sausages, Swedish pancake mix, syrup, black cherry jam, hot cocoa mix and to go with the cocoa I got them each one of those small bags of scone mixes..My boys love scones and these are so easy to whip up..I think scones and hot cocoa would be yummy.. Also someone mentioned a small frother, I have one and use it almost every day..Belive it or not it mixes baby powdered formula up fast and no lumps :LOL:
I really like your gift idea..I bet your friends will be thrilled..
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom