Cinco de Mayo dinner plans? (Sat 5/5/12)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Strawberry margaritas, edamame guacamole, chips, grilled steak fajitas w/ pico de gallo & hearts of palm, dulce de leche ice cream.

We had a mega salad with green leaf lettuce, chick peas, black olives, orange pepper, grape tomatoes, scallions, and cauliflower with a tomato/goat cheese vinaigrette.
Devil's food cake with dark chocolate ganache for dessert.

It is Karens birthday, so we went to Carrabba's because she really likes the mussels. Well, we just crossed them off our "go too" list. I guess every place eventually slides into the crapper. :( It used to be a half way decent place with reasonable prices.

we went out for Korean last night.

Marinated grilled short rib
Pork Bulgogi
rice, kimchi, and some red pepper and sesame slaw.
Bottle of kosher wine from Italy, was kind of like a mead.

Since Kentucky Derby Day also fell on the same day as Cinco de Mayo this year, we were in a quandary. Our traditional Derby Day meal (since we like watching all the pre-Derby frou-frou stuff) has simply been KFC takeout - lol! I gave hubby the option of a Cinco de Mayo feast or KFC, & wanted to stick with KFC & put off the Mex meal for today or tomorrow. So that's what we did.

Nothing like sitting with a hot bucket of chicken, some good sides (flaky biscuits, cole slaw, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy), while watching a FABULOUS last-minute Derby-winning upset. :)

:LOL::LOL:
We went way Down South a couple days ago for a family reunion of sorts. On Saturday, a whole bunch of us went to a seafood place that served deep fried everything! We had deep fried: green beans, okra, sour pickles, clam strips, catfish, oysters, scallops, shrimp, hushpuppies, crabcake, along with creamy coleslaw and vinegar coleslaw that set your teeth on edge. And a whole lot of other stuff. They kept bringing the bowls! I need a gallbladder transplant.

Last edited:
I think you are supposed to wear Hats when watching the Derby, even if noshing on KFC:zorro::LOL:

Well, I had too many chores to do to don a proper Derby chapeau, but I WAS wearing my ever-present cotton bandana to keep my hair at bay while working. That'll HAVE to count - lol!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom