Cluck, cluck, what's layin' on your plate, Wednesday, Sept. 27?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We'll be having grilled 3-mustard chicken with fruit, cantaloupe and green grapes specifically.

Oatcakes w/hot pimento cheese, cauliflower/broccoli/red peppers/zucchini steamed and dressed in a lemon parm dressing.

I plan on doing a makeover of an aging eggplant parmesan...adding some more cheese, some salsa, and served with some homemade ww bread/toast.

Fabulous summerlike weather today, so we went out for lunch on the deck at a riverfront restaurant and watched the boat traffic. Lighter dinner was in order. Grilled boneless chicken breasts in a bottled marinade, corn on the cob, green salad.

No pics of dinner, we gobbled it down. I always forget how good the 3 mustard chicken is. Grapes were really good. They'll also be going in a green grape viccyhssoise in a day of 2.

Puttanesca with shrimp...

Attachments

• 22093349_10154824969612401_1667190680_n.jpg
    22093349_10154824969612401_1667190680_n.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 168
Grilled strip steak (topped with blue cheese butter), steamed broccoli, and sesame noodles.

strip_steak_sesame_noodles_broccoli_092717_P1100254.JPG

Wow, sounds good gang!
and rock, those shrimp, man!!!

I just found out yesterday that we have to go back down to
Southern Arizona yet again for yet another doctor's appointment!
This is getting really old, hopefully this will be the last for this doc!
I think that we've got someone else lined up closer to home
here in Northern AZ.
This means a difficult road trip through the PHX traffic,
hate that! (and I don't use that word often :mad:)

Anywhos... dinner... I had a big bunch of Rapini that I bought oh, about 3-4 days ago---went south!
Plan B!
Sweet Italian Sausage with Sweet Red Bell Peppers, Onions, loads of garlic, fresh Oregano and a douse of dry white wine.
All of this over rigatoni topped with grated Grana Padano and fresh flat leaf Parsley.

In between I made breakfast for the road (we gotta leave early to get to our appointment on time and not be in rush hour traffic through PHX).
Taylor's ham, if you're from PA or Taylor's Pork Roll if you're from NJ ;)
fried crisp, fried eggs and some swiss cheese TJ's British Muffin breakfast sammies. Perfect road food.

I had the other white meat.

I stopped over at ex-Mrs K's house on the way home from the office and she cooked me dinner. Pesto Pork Chops with a side of Butternut Squash "noodles." I have to admit her cooking skills have improved!

xq3N98E.jpg

Wow, sounds good gang!
and rock, those shrimp, man!!!

I just found out yesterday that we have to go back down to
Southern Arizona yet again for yet another doctor's appointment!
This is getting really old, hopefully this will be the last for this doc!
I think that we've got someone else lined up closer to home
here in Northern AZ.
This means a difficult road trip through the PHX traffic,
hate that! (and I don't use that word often :mad:)

Anywhos... dinner... I had a big bunch of Rapini that I bought oh, about 3-4 days ago---went south!
Plan B!
Sweet Italian Sausage with Sweet Red Bell Peppers, Onions, loads of garlic, fresh Oregano and a douse of dry white wine.
All of this over rigatoni topped with grated Grana Padano and fresh flat leaf Parsley.

In between I made breakfast for the road (we gotta leave early to get to our appointment on time and not be in rush hour traffic through PHX).
Taylor's ham, if you're from PA or Taylor's Pork Roll if you're from NJ ;)
fried crisp, fried eggs and some swiss cheese TJ's British Muffin breakfast sammies. Perfect road food.

I almost picked up some Pork Roll at Kroger yesterday. I'm starting to get the craving. BTW, the Taylor's Ham vs Pork Roll fued is mostly a North Jersey/South Jersey thing.

Sausage and peppers is another favorite of mine from back East.

Good choices!

CD

Oh, I have a full fridge, freezer and pantry, but was low on one key ingredient today -- creative juices. :LOL:

So, I'm grazing tonight. Lots of fruit, so at least it is healthy grazing -- mostly. :angel:

CD

I've got a chicken breast with balsamic BBQ sauce in the oven right now. I would have eaten earlier, but I started eating the frozen strawberries and got a little carried away. Frozen strawberries - or actually, strawberries that are partially frozen so it feel like you're eating strawberry ice cream - aren't that bad.

Unless you eat the whole flippin' bag like I did.

I almost picked up some Pork Roll at Kroger yesterday. I'm starting to get the craving. BTW, the Taylor's Ham vs Pork Roll fued is mostly a North Jersey/South Jersey thing.

Sausage and peppers is another favorite of mine from back East.

Good choices!

CD

HA!
:LOL:
Well, DH disagrees and says other wise... I can only find Taylor's Ham at Sprouts here in AZ, at least in the 1lb chubs (???) ... at the Kroger owned store (Fry's Grocery) they sell it in the deli case, sliced to order from that ginormous roll, same with the Boars Head products, either North or South ... and the sausage and peppers over rigs was wonderful too (and I'm from HAWAII :LOL:) !!!

HA!
:LOL:
Well, DH disagrees and says other wise... I can only find Taylor's Ham at Sprouts here in AZ, at least in the 1lb chubs (???) ... at the Kroger owned store (Fry's Grocery) they sell it in the deli case, sliced to order from that ginormous roll, same with the Boars Head products, either North or South ... and the sausage and peppers over rigs was wonderful too (and I'm from HAWAII :LOL:) !!!

Funny that you mention Boar's Head. They actually distribute Taylor Pork Roll to Kroger stores around here. They probably do in AZ, too. My store has the chubs and the big rolls. I get slices off the big rolls for myself.

CD

Back
Top Bottom