Clueless Thursday's Dinner 9-3-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
:huh:
I have no idea.Can we skip it?
Cut dinner.Get busted by the food police, and have kp duties for a month as punishment?

Willing to risk it.:wub:

Leftovers here. We have a bit of soufflé, several of the popular chicken enchiladas, some mashed potatoes and peach cobbler. Grazing will be in order before going off for a night of dancing.

Leftovers here too. Chicken stovetop stuffing casserole, black beans and rice, tomato soup. If DH wants something different, he's on his own.

Picked up some fresh great looking swordfish while grocery shopping today. I'll grill the fish and we'll make a meal of it with salad.

Guess I just got off the food police's most wanted list.

Checked the freezer and found 4 beautiful chicken breasts.They are so large I'm going to have to butterfly them.

Dinner tonight will be my own http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/good-chicken-56806.html

Mashed potatoes,veggies and dinner rolls.
Dinner has been saved.

img_1434813_0_8b197146a11dc5a3da4d1fc070342cec.jpg

I'm going to make a salad plate tonight - tuna salad, grilled potato salad with mustard aioli, and grilled veggie salad with herbs. I'll cook extra veggies for a grilled veggie pasta salad for tomorrow.

I had school orientation today trying to get back into the school schedule. I've got some ground beef that I'll fry up and add to spaghetti sauce and serve it over some angelhair pasta (since I didn't know we were out of regular spaghetti noodles) along with some toasted garlic bread and salads.

A big hello to Lance. Welcome aboard the gravy express.

Whew Munky. I'm glad you found dinner. I looked at your Good Chicken recipe. I make good chicken too, albeit probably a little different. I am intrigued with your use of McNerd's croutons, as mentioned in the recipe.

My today's "good chicken" is from a cold / already chilled rotisserie chicken. I like that the one store I shop offers 'em up hot or cold. Usually cold by the time I get one home and get it ready to use anyway. Also bought some whole wheat pitas that I was kicking myself for lack of earlier this week when I had tabbouleh. Tomorrow I will let them meet and greet. Today it is pita sandwiches with pesto tossed chicken, sliced olives, onion, tomato and thin sliced cukes.

Tried out another recipe - Marinaded Pork Belly. (The marinade was crushed garlic, soy, oil, crushed chilli seeds and chines 5 spice powder). It was OK but a little too salty. Ate it with spinach, baked potato and a gravy made from the juices.

I am eating the rest of it cold tomorrow with a peach salsa (peach, red chilli, spring onions, lime juice)

Last edited:
A big hello to Lance. Welcome aboard the gravy express.

Whew Munky. I'm glad you found dinner. I looked at your Good Chicken recipe. I make good chicken too, albeit probably a little different. I am intrigued with your use of McNerd's croutons, as mentioned in the recipe.

My today's "good chicken" is from a cold / already chilled rotisserie chicken. I like that the one store I shop offers 'em up hot or cold. Usually cold by the time I get one home and get it ready to use anyway. Also bought some whole wheat pitas that I was kicking myself for lack of earlier this week when I had tabbouleh. Tomorrow I will let them meet and greet. Today it is pita sandwiches with pesto tossed chicken, sliced olives, onion, tomato and thin sliced cukes.

Boy you aren't kidding me.The food police around here can get a little picky.

If I have the time I use McNerd's recipe.He put it up for me to try.It's great for this recipe.He deserved to get the credit.Not just mentioned as "Made by another member" Well, what member? So we can see it to.:ermm:
The recipe works both ways.

Munky, great pic! :yum: I copied and saved your recipe. McNerd's croutons you linked to sound really good, too. BTW, I have the same towels and potholders as in your pic. :LOL:

I didn't feel much like cooking, so I threw together a pasta salad this afternoon, with what I had on hand. Small shell pasta, chopped ham, red bells, shredded carrots, celery, peas, and edamame. Dressing was a blend of a little mayo, rice vinegar and grated parm. Watermelon and wheat crackers on the side.

Everyone's dinners sound good. :yum: Welcome to DC, Lance!

Last edited:
I've been feeling lousy for a few days. I can't smell or taste anything. So decided to make chicken soup. Which was a challenge but with hubs help tasting all it needed was a bit of salt. Served over brown rice topped with fresh grated Romano cheese. I love chicken soup and I hate that I can't taste or smell it. :(

Feel better soon MsM!

We're having leftovers and then the kitchen will be closed except for 6am coffee in the morning. We're all packed except for the last minute important stuff like my pillow!

Oh dear, MsM, feel better soon.

Kayelle and Souschef , I am so excited for your trip! I showed DH your itinerary, we may have to do this as well, even though there's no snorkeling. The water needs to be a bit warmer, but the scenery looks marvelous!

:( Feel better soon, MsM. :flowers:

Again, have a wonderful trip, K and Souschef! :) I toured western CA for 6 weeks back in the day...it's breathtaking. Would love to go back again someday!

Last edited:
Hope you get well quick, msm. Chicken soup is drinkable penicillin.

Kayelle and Souschef, I hope you two have a wonderful trip. Can't wait for the report upon your return and recovery.

I re-arranged the freezer yesterday and discovered a zip bag of pulled pork! :yum: Defrosted that and added both fresh and recycled food-stuffs to fill up the plate. The greens are Swiss chard, steamed first then finished off with bacon fat. Mmm, bacon.

We are down to our two last pickles. Himself said he's tired of pickles. The store had tiny pickling cukes today...oh, so cute! Guess what? If he doesn't want them, they will all be mine!

Attachments

• 2015-09-03 21.24.01.jpg
    2015-09-03 21.24.01.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 167

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom