Coffee!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is one thing I don't have in my family... but I have enough of everything else.. I watch how much salt I have and fat intake.. there is a lot of cancer and heart disease in my family..so I always try to stay in shape.. I'm a big vegie/fruit person.. but I don't limit myself that much.

I never put extra salt on anything and sometimes when I am cooking depending on the recipe I omit the salt. I have never been a huge sugar eater, either. But the sad thing is both salt and sugar are hidden in so many prepared foods. All the more reason to cook from scratch.

yeah, even as a kid, I didn't eat that much sugar.. I liked my candy, don't get me wrong, but not like a lot of my friends did. What is hard for me, I would rather have something salty than something sweet. A big one for me is I love V8 juice.. I could drink it by the gallon..but it's LOADED with sodium.. I have tried the low-salt version and it's horrible.

yeah, making salsa is easy!.. all I do is use chopped, seeded tomato, chopped red onion, chopped gr pepper, fresh basil or cilantro, some lemon juice or balsamic vinegar. and alittle olive oil.. throw it in the processor and mix until chunky/smooth.

Janelle's Salsa

3-4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste, roughly 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of each

Mix all ingredients together or blended together in a food processor.

sounds good.. yeah, I forgot the garlic.. lol.. YOU CANNOT forget that!.. lol.. we need therapy Sierra.. like the topic way down... we're in a coffee category talking about salsa.

someone said once and I can't remember who it was.. it's funny to see how a topic starts out and the direction it takes after awhile.

what are you two girls doing up so late?! I got home from work about half an hour ago and am catching up reading what I missed today. Sorry to hear about the diabetes thing, SC. Hope you can manage it in stride.

I don't know what I'm doing up so late.. seems I'm a night owl these days.. I don't have to get up in the morning and have my work caught up for the week.. I'm not really tired.. so, here I am!

S/C try splenda in your coffee..better than sugar twin and the others.
Also those of us who have DM (diabetis) have to give up white things..rice, potatoes,bread, pasta.. etc. carbs turn to sugar.
Marge :cry:

Dove said:
S/C try splenda in your coffee..better than sugar twin and the others.
Also those of us who have DM (diabetis) have to give up white things..rice, potatoes,bread, pasta.. etc. carbs turn to sugar.
Marge :cry:
Marge, since diabetes and heart problems run in my family, I have started the "no white stuff" diet. I have lost 30 pounds since Mother's Day and I am still losing. I do cheat once in a while, but I gata have my lemon merengue pie. I use Splenda also and have gotten used to it.

Good for you! Wish I could lose some but with DM I am always hungry..not on meds yet.
S/C non dairy creamer is not good for you..sugar! ( not calling you sugar..LOL telling you what is in the product.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom