College Football Saturday Nov 7 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll be doing something with thighs, probably marinate in Goya Mojo, and grill them. Don't know what else yet.

Well, I decided not to grill in the dark, it's just depressing for this gal.

Instead, for the first time I used my new pyramid silicone mat in the oven for the marinated thighs. I got mine at BB&B. It worked perfectly at 400 "convection roast" degrees for 30 minutes. The sides were frozen fresh corn off the cob with butter for the Sous Chef, and zucchini steamed with garden tomato, onion, cheese and cilantro for both of us..

img_1443111_0_b73c9c0d0531911312055c78a94bab67.jpg

Both TB and Kay ended up here for dinner so we had tuna melts with raw veggies and potato chips! A casual and good easy meal! :)

We had leftover stew from earlier in the week. I don't know if it was because I cooked stew in the wine or because the meat was from Conrad, but that was really good stew.

Here's the original recipe...
Something that yummy should not get lost. :yum: Maybe you can please post that in the "Beef" sub-forum so we can find it easier, tenspeed?

Saturday was Himself's birthday AND it was college football day. What better time than to make him his favorite sub just like they did in the good ol' days when he was a student at THE Ohio State University? We had un-chain, family pizza shop, original-style Quisno's subs with beer brewed in Akron, OH, and the Buckeyes game on TV with a win. Life is so good, who needs cake?

Attachments

• 2015-11-07 21.37.36.jpg
    2015-11-07 21.37.36.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 151
While waiting for a repeat of Jeopardy to come on, the game between Ole Miss and the Arkansas Razorbacks went into overtime. What an ending. Right down to the last second.

Now I am definitely not into college sports of any kind, but this game really had the three of us (Pirate, Spike and me) on the edge of our seats. Pirate had the audacity to ask me to make a pot of coffee right then. That child wants to have an early death.

BTW, do we have a weekend sports thread? :angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom