College Football Saturday Nov 7 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
002.JPG
[file photo]

The 'boob tube' will be on ALL DAY in the man cave Den,
so I have supper all planned and ready to throw in the oven.
Meatloaf, wrapped in BACON
roasted Baby Dutch potatoes
and steamed Soycutash with butter and S&P

My Dawgs just won - it is well again. Went to the DeKalb Farmers Market today (NE Atlanta). that place is awesome!. Picked up some Black Grouper Filets and a nice (watched them filet it) Sushi grade Yellow Fin Tuna. It will find its way to some Ponzu sauce then rolled in Sesame seeds and passed near the heat. Baby bok choy and a baked sweet potato for my DW.

Saturdays are a perfect day to lounge around and watch football, and a lead up for tomorrow's games too. My team plays tonight.

I made a pan of Malto Meal muffins and currently there is a pan of spare ribs in the oven at 300 F, so it will be awhile before they are done. Plan to toss in a baked tater in a little while.

I'll spelunk something from the freezer. Need to start making room for the turkey DH gets every year from work.

I have a dutch oven full of sweet and sour beef stew simmering on the stove. There will be a couple of meals of leftovers, which I'll take to our daughter and SIL, who are still overwhelmed with the baby.

If TB is going to be home and Kay is not, I will be trying a clean-eating recipe with salmon and avocado! If it is just me then it will probably be a chicken salad or soup and sandwich.

Tried a new low-carb pizza recipe tonight. Best one I've had yet, and the first I've had that passes the pick-it-up-with-your-hand test. The only thing I would do differently next time is to run it under the broiler for a few minutes before removing from the oven. I won't say it was perfect, but compared to some of the poor excuses for pizza I've had over the last year, it was pretty darned good. :yum:

img_1443090_0_ee322d427e4934f1a525c3a702c6a6b5.jpg

Delicious looking dinners, kgirl and Steve!

Like Dawg, I'm trying to use whatever I can from the freezer to make room for Thanksgiving goodies.

I took a hunk of rare vacuum sealed tri tip out of the freezer this morning - not sure yet how it's going to be dinner. I'm kind of craving it on a Hoagie roll with a horseradish/mayo blend, and an assortment of pickles on the side. :)

Last edited:
To warm us up on a cool, rainy day, I'm making pasta e fagioli again (Italian pasta, sausage and vegetable soup) with garlic twisty bread and fricos for garnish (baked crispy Parmigiano Reggiano cheese).

Tried a new low-carb pizza recipe tonight. Best one I've had yet, and the first I've had that passes the pick-it-up-with-your-hand test. The only thing I would do differently next time is to run it under the broiler for a few minutes before removing from the oven. I won't say it was perfect, but compared to some of the poor excuses for pizza I've had over the last year, it was pretty darned good. :yum:

img_1443098_0_ee322d427e4934f1a525c3a702c6a6b5.jpg

Steve would you be so kind to post your recipe? I'm really struggling right now and could sure use it!!

That sounds interesting. Can you share the recipe?
Here's the original recipe (which I have no idea where it came from), which I first made sometime in the last millennium. I use EVOO instead of butter, and cut up onion instead of the boiling onions. I just multiplied everything by four tonight. My wife loves this stuff, as it's comfort food (unlike a lot of other things I make).

[FONT=&quot]1 lb. stew meat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Tbsp. flour[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1-1/2 Tbsp. butter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 small white boiling onions[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 carrots, cut in 1" pieces[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 cup catsup[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Tbsp. brown sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1-1/2 tsp. worcestershire[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 cup water[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]egg noodles (cooked)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- dredge meat in flour, brown in butter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- combine catsup, sugar, vinegar, worcestershire, water, add to meat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- add onions, carrots, simmer (covered) for 2 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- serve over egg noodles, sprinkle with parsley[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] (serves 2)[/FONT]

Steve would you be so kind to post your recipe? I'm really struggling right now and could sure use it!!

Hi Kayelle, I can't take credit for it, but here is the recipe.
Low Carb Pepperoni Pizza | Ruled Me

I do use my own San Marzano pizza sauce, which, come to think of it, isn't really a recipe, either. I always sort of make it up as I go. Basically, it's just pureed SM tomatoes with basil, oregano, rosemary, ground fennel seed, and garlic.

Here's the original recipe (which I have no idea where it came from), which I first made sometime in the last millennium. I use EVOO instead of butter, and cut up onion instead of the boiling onions. I just multiplied everything by four tonight. My wife loves this stuff, as it's comfort food (unlike a lot of other things I make).

[FONT=&quot]1 lb. stew meat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Tbsp. flour[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1-1/2 Tbsp. butter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]6 small white boiling onions[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 carrots, cut in 1" pieces[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/4 cup catsup[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Tbsp. brown sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1-1/2 tsp. worcestershire[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1/2 cup water[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]egg noodles (cooked)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- dredge meat in flour, brown in butter[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- combine catsup, sugar, vinegar, worcestershire, water, add to meat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- add onions, carrots, simmer (covered) for 2 hours[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- serve over egg noodles, sprinkle with parsley[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] (serves 2)[/FONT]

Sounds really yummy, thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom