Cooking Challenge #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kadesma said:
Bang,

my aunt use to love to intertain and I remember this lovely dip she made...YUP with anchovies..You can use the tube of anchovies if you want but she use to take 8 oz. of cream cheese, add several cloves of crushed garlic, worchestershire sauce, say 6-8 drops, a little cream to thin the cream cheese so it was easier to dip into, then she would add the can of anchovies hat she had mashed in their oil and add this to the cheese mix..I loved dipping potato chips in it and the grown ups liked a fancy small cracker.. I even use to take the left overs and smear it on slices of french bread..
kadesma:LOL:

Well, kadesma - I made the dip...my first encounter with anchovies. I love it! I toasted a wheat bagel, smeared the dip over each half and covered the dip with thin slices of red onion. What a great lunch! Thanks!! :)

callie said:
Well, kadesma - I made the dip...my first encounter with anchovies. I love it! I toasted a wheat bagel, smeared the dip over each half and covered the dip with thin slices of red onion. What a great lunch! Thanks!! :)
Callie, I'm so glad you like it:LOL: After your on road adventure, I was sure, you'd want to murder me if you didn't like it!!! I've never tried it on a bagel, but hey, I have to stop at the store tomorrow and they have a great deli dept and wonderful bagels, espicially the ones with sunflower, sesame, poppy seeds in and on it:LOL: YUM
Thanks for letting me know..
kadesma

kadesma, you said you put it on french bread - so actually, you're the one who inspired me. I happened to have wheat bagels on hand. yummmmy!!

Back
Top Bottom