Cooking clothing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea, back in "the day" I had a 22" waist - but still had quite "a shape". Never could get pants to fit me in the waist - now I can't get them to fit anywhere!!! :oops: :roll:

I wear a spandex thong when I cook cabbage.
16.gif

I, too, wear what I have on. This requires doing a lot of laundry! My husband constantly used to buy me aprons, but I'd forget to put them on, or manage to get dirty around them, and he's given up. When we lived in more tropical climes, I made a floor length XMas pinafore type thing (not ruffly) so I could sweat it out in the kitchen in tanks and shorts, then toss it on when the doorbell rang. Also have really flamboyant scrubs tops that hide a multitude of sins. As for high heels, in my working days, they came off as soon as I got in the car to drive home. In tropical days, barefoot, now can't quite get away with that.

I had to laugh when I first read the title of this thread. I thought " who cooks clothing"? :oops: Brain fart what can I say. I wear whatever I put on when I get up in the morning. Sometimes I just to grab one of hubby's shirts and thats it.

when I get home I just throw something comfortable on.. lounge around clothes.. and I always use my apron that has Sylvester's face on the front.

vilasman1 said:
Not to be risque' , but I just cook for me and my wife and I tend to cook and wash dishes dressed in as little as possible. I am a messy and washing dishes is messy and wet and it's just easier to clean up when I'm through. Anybody see it that way?

Hey vilasman1, there is a fantastic new invention, it is called an apron LOL and they even come in tacky plastic.

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS GET ARIZONA STATE :twisted:

Yeah, I think I heard or read about something... you put it over your neck and it ties behind your back...
they seem a little girly to me. I was thinking about it this morning while I was washing dishes and splattered my whole front side while rinsing a big pot or something. I just came out of everything that was wet and went on washing dishes and when i finished a quick jump in the shower and all was clean and dry again.
I do realize that when kids finally show up, I'll have to give in and do the apron thing. But why rush it.

They are not girly stuff only pratical and professional looking, all chefs usually wear an apron or a towel hooled to a string.......

green.gif
:roll: GO DUCKS GET ARIZONA STATE :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom