Cooking today? 2/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Since today is run, run, run, I just threw a corned beef in the pot..So it's a corned beef and cabbage, carrots, green beans day.. Not sure about dessert, but, I did make some of the molasses cookies so maybe I'll just put in some ice cream and call it a day..What do your have in mind?

kadesma:)

Tonight I'll be making angel hair pasta and white clam sauce with garlic rounds and copanata left over from Tues. I think I posted this already- sorry!!

?? I have some cabbage that I have to use up. I might make a stuffed cabbage casserole.. or just steam it and roast some chicken to go with. Or Better yet... I'll have Paul pick up a pizza on the way home.

I plan to spend a good part of the day in the kitchen. We just had chocolate chip pacakes with strawberries and whipped cream.:pig:
I'm planning to make apples galettes for dh today. Saturday we'll be having giaundua gelato, so I'm going to make the base for it today.
...As for dinner, it's just me and the boys tonight so it will probably be a shove by.

Today I'll be running so steak is marinading and beans are cooking in the crock pot. Hopefully DH will sear the steak and broil it.

Got a ham in the oven, smelling yummy, and will do scalloped potatoes and a green bean casserole too. Green or committee salad to finish us off.

It depends what the g/f asks for when I get home... probably stir-fried pork of some sort, that seems to be the norm lately. I think I'm going to swing by the supermarket on the way home and get proper ingredients to try to work on my Lo Mein some more.

I am grilling pork chops and serving with roasted red potatoes and a salad. The chops are marinating right now in a mixture of ginger, garlic, teriyaki sauce, spoonful of dijon and fresh cilantro.

We had celeriac fries with mayo, scalloped potatoes and a chicory-walnut-raisin-apple salad.
Every week we get a bag full of organic vegetables, it is fun and challenging to use all those winter veggies, especially in a climate like ours, with long rainy winters and lots of root produce and only a little green & leafy.

licia said:
What is a committee salad? I've never heard of that.

Committee Salad So named because it was created by committee. Its a fan favourite in our house. I don't put in the oranges very often though. We like it with just the nuts, green onions and dressing. Its great either way though.

Back
Top Bottom