Cooler weather coming.. what are you having for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just cooling now. I made up the recipe, so if it passes the taste test I will post it!!!! :)

It depends on where you are in the US, its nearly half past nine on Sunday night here. Can you owrk it our from that? I always forget as well.

kyles said:
It depends on where you are in the US, its nearly half past nine on Sunday night here. Can you owrk it our from that? I always forget as well.

Nearly half past 4 here on the East Coast. Do you live in Geordie country?

Mudbug! You wash your mouth out!!!! I am nowhere near the North-East, thank goodness. There's a show called Auf Wiederesehn pet that is based in Newcastle, my dh laughs at me coz I watch it with subtitles. There accent is like another language!

I live in the North West, near Manchester.

kyles said:
Mudbug! You wash your mouth out!!!! I am nowhere near the North-East, thank goodness. There's a show called Auf Wiederesehn pet that is based in Newcastle, my dh laughs at me coz I watch it with subtitles. There accent is like another language!

I live in the North West, near Manchester.

I love the Geordie dialect. Ask any New Yorker here if they can understand people from Mississippi (and vice versa). Vive les differences!

Accents are amazing, what amazes me is that Birminham, Manchester and Liverpool are each half an hour away from each other, yet the accents are incredibly distinctive.

I work in a call centre, and being an Aussie at times really struggle with some of the accents, especially the really strong Irish and Scottish ones.

The peach and white chocolate pudding was a success, have posted the recipe in the dessert section.

ok..... this is not even close to what I wanted to have or craved.. or what others were posting.. but I had to decide on something. I am making pizza.. had some refrigerated pizza dough.. I chopped up some fresh basil and added it to some tomato sauce, along with finely chopped fresh tomatoes and dried oregano. I shredded some havarti cheese and put that on top of the sauce. I then added some chopped ham, onions, mushrooms.. topping off with parmesan cheese and a lite sprinkling of red pepper flakes.... for an extra kick... for a snack while I was deciding what to have...... a few celery sticks and bleu cheese.

I'm a BIG chili lover middie.. made a big thing of it last week.. and froze the leftovers in single-serving portions.

My pizza was tremendous.. good movie food!

actually the pizza was a lot better than the movie.. it was a flick on the Lifetime Network.....typical lies, cheating, murder-type of movie.

yeah.. middie.. it's going to be a long time before I watch a movie on there again.

Tonight I had mac-n-cheese... made with Velveeta.. yummy!

I had a grilled cheese w/ roasted vegie sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup.. good cool weather food!

Still pretty warm here in Md.
Had soft shell crabs suateed in butter and olive oil, basmati rice w/onion, garlic and tomato, cooked some fresh carrots and frozen broccoli, (yeah I do mix fresh and frozen for convienience).
I've got some beef short ribs in the freezer that I'm thinking about when the temperature drops a bit though.
John.

yummm john.. nothing wrong with using frozen vegies! I do all the time. When you decide on making your ribs.. let me know.. lol.. I'll be right over!!

My soup was excellent earlier.. can't beat a grilled cheese with tomato soup!

Back
Top Bottom