"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #31
Executive Chef

I find it amazing at how many wonderful ways people have to prepare corn. I should tell my mother to log on!

Old 09-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #32
Everymom

Vera and GB, you will be disappointed in me. I couldn't find room on the grill for everything and the corn too so I jammed out. I still have 5 ears left though so I will try them when it is just us and post back. Thanks for all your help.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
Vera and GB, you will be disappointed in me. I couldn't find room on the grill for everything and the corn too so I jammed out. I still have 5 ears left though so I will try them when it is just us and post back. Thanks for all your help.
Alix, why don't you come over here, tonight. Bring your corn, we'll add it to my corn...have a few pumpkin ales and do a country taste test.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:06 PM   #34
Everymom

I'm on my way...might be a bit late when I get there though, its a LONG drive! LOL.

I'd love to do that. Thanks for the invite. I'll bring some ribs (dinner tonight) to go with the corn.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #35
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Curious, has anyone ever buttered and seasoned their corn, wrap in foil and put on the grill?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:11 PM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

Barb,
we do that all the time, heavy duty foil, butter corn, sprinkle with dry thyme, grill, then we add more butter plus salt and pepper when we open them and eat...

kadesma
Old 04-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #37
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Thanks Hon, will try that next time, Hubby likes steamed corn , I have done it on the grill (in the husks) but he still prefers steamed. Thought maybe I would try this way, will next time for sure - as long as the grill is on.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb L.
Thanks Hon, will try that next time, Hubby likes steamed corn , I have done it on the grill (in the husks) but he still prefers steamed. Thought maybe I would try this way, will next time for sure - as long as the grill is on.
Barb,
In a pinch I fix it just the same only just put it on a cookie sheet in it's foil and cook the whole thing in the oven..It helps if I'm doing more than one thing at a time. This way I don't have to run back and forth from kitchen to grill outside...
kadesma
Old 04-21-2007, 08:06 PM   #39
Head Chef

This is an oldy but a goodie. Clean your ears of corn removing all silk and husk. Core the center of the cob (as you would an apple). Fill the core with sweet butter. To seal the ends, I use upholstery tacks with prongs. (you can't reuse them, the prongs are too bent.) Loosely roll in a SINGLE layer of foil and twist the ends closed. Bake in the oven in a shallow pan, single layered) for an hour at 375F. The butter will melt and seep through the cob buttering the corn! TNT Serve it any time you like. Some of the corn with larger kernels may fall off the ear when it is done and rows may be loose on the smaller ears.

It came to my attention that coring might be unfamiliar to some:
The core is softer when it is raw. You need to chop off the ends You are not going to make a tunnel, just a hole. You can tap an ice pike through it or a large nail. And then turn it upside down and tap it through again. I generally finish with a sharp pointed serrated knife just going round and round. (corn stays hot a lot longer if the cob is hot.) You can use one of those baster injectors to fill it if you like.