Create your own Ben and Jerry's flavor...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsGB

Assistant Cook
if you could create your very own flavor of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, what would it be?? what would the base ice cream flavor be and what goodies would be in it? have you ever tried to make it in your own home?

i love Ben and Jerry's so much, that i have been on a quest to try every flavor they have ever made, i have to visit the ice cream section of the grocery store to see what Ben and Jerry's flavors are in stock even when i am not buying any ice cream, and i wouldn't hesitate to drive 4 hours to the Ben and Jerry's factory in Vermont just to be at the heart of where all of the ice cream is created, so exciting.

i have a few potential flavors in mind but i am very excited to see what other people may have thought up.

oh, and who actually gets 4 servings out of a pint of Ben and Jerry's????

First I have to say that I'd rather have plain old vanilla bean with out anything at all in it.... but, if I had to fancy it up,

I think I'd like vanilla with oatmeal cookie dough, a chocolate fudge ribbon and a caramel ribbon.

oh, and who actually gets 4 servings out of a pint of Ben and Jerry's????

LOL! Certainly, Not me :mrgreen: I would take cherry and chocolate ice cream as a base with brownies, and cherries mixed in.

I don't know why they took my favorite Jerry's Jubilee off the shelf, I thought my insane habit a couple years ago would've kep it in stock. I somehow manage getting by with the Cherry Garcia which is sorta similar but definitely not the same :glare:

i'd do a a swirl of vanilla and caramel ice cream with a marsmallow swirl, with whole caramels in it.

MrsGB said:
i have to visit the ice cream section of the grocery store to see what Ben and Jerry's flavors are in stock even when i am not buying any ice cream
I can vouch for this LOL. I have caught her "talking to her friends" in the freezer section more than once :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: . I am buying food for the house and I turn around and she is gone. When that happens I know right where I should go to find her LOL.

OK I am going to have to think of my ultimate flavor a bit more. I have some ideas, but many of them have already been created like Cherry Garcia.

Oh but what about the ones they don't make anymore? I loved Festivus - gingerbread and caramel - they only stocked it at Christmas so I'd buy several pints to last as long as possible. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore! :wacko:

Dawnsey said:
Oh but what about the ones they don't make anymore? I loved Festivus - gingerbread and caramel - they only stocked it at Christmas so I'd buy several pints to last as long as possible. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore! :wacko:

They actually had a flavor called Festivus??? That's too funny (yet another great Seinfeld moment!)! It sounds delicious, too.

Fire and ice baby.

Bits and pieces of habaneros with Vanilla ice cream.

kleenex that actually sounds really good. I would want that with real vanilla bean. I bet that would be a great combo. That would really bring out the fruity flavor of the pepper and tame the heat enough (hopefully). I love the name Fire and Ice too. Very clever!

OK I am still working on my ultimate flavor, but right now I am thinking it might have lechee nuts and maybe mandarin oranges. It would probably have a chocolate base, but a good vanilla would work well too. Possibly some macadamia nuts in there too. I have no idea what I would call it though. I will have to give this some more thought.

I would have Ben and Jerry's make a chocolate/vanilla swirl with honeynut Cheerios sprinkled in.

All I can think of are names reflecting my favorite ingredient in ice cream:

Life is a Peach, and Then You Die
Peached Whale
Peachy Clean
Peach Peach Me

Strawberry ice cream with bits of real strawberrys, banannas and miniture marshmellows. Although I can't take credit for this creation. Marble Slab sells this as Wonka's Whipple Mallow Delight. Soooo tastey.

How about this mega mixture.

We start with Chocolate ice cream, Chocolate Brownies, chocolate chips, chocolate fudge, chocolate flavored marshmellows, and bits of chocolate habanero's.

Back
Top Bottom