Culinary arts class update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

masteraznchefjr

Sous Chef
So today we started actually the hand on stuff in the kitchen. got my 2 sets of uniform, hat, jakcet, apron, towel.

Carved apple swans. peeled carrots and cut them in juliene.

pic of the day
I actually did this one at home
img_174008_0_81a882e85aca5b88f0fec5fec4762da0.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v709/ChefJonLin/DSC02668.jpg

How exciting masterchefjr!! We're very proud of you. So is this program through your school? I see your 16 so was wondering if it is a program that is part of high school or if your taking this as a seperate program outside of high school. Keep us posted and please continue to show your work. Again........VERY PROUD OF YOU!!

yea its a school program. well actually a county program. like therse other stuff you can choose as classes such as auto tech, or IT classes, networking etc. criminal justice (like how to become a cop), dentistry. You can only take these if you have the time for them cause 1 of these = 2 of reg class. and a bus picks me up from my base school and sends me to an academy school, but i just drive there

Thats awesome your school provides that............your future significant other.......when your much older :) is going to sure appreciate your cooking skills. Not to mention how your family/friends are going to benefit too.

That swan is very impressive, I just wish I hadn't shown my 5 year old who now wants me to cut her apples like that!!

I'm so glad to see you back! We've missed you, and obviously you've been quite busy with school!
That swan is beautiful! I am so proud of you!
Please keep showing us your work!

(and I have a feeling you're going to ace this class!)

Way to go! Class should be more fun now that you're doing "hands on" work...keep us updated! :)

Today i got put in the dishroom instead of entrees, which he told me i was gonna do yesterday.

Neways my team and i get the shortest week of dish room only tommrow and friday, then i switch stations.

Pictures of the kitchen
img_176520_0_38d96e2dce1fce4d8aace089255bb8fb.jpg

Where i worked the dish room

img_176520_1_bd5879986b130b800a4219213d5a6a66.jpg

img_176520_2_1d7814bb9530005e7496569fd416adeb.jpg

well chef moved me to entree station

img_176894_0_702705db51b1584a53d3527933393bc3.jpg

Chicken stock. i just added my scraps of onions in there after i diced the onion.

img_176894_1_5e364aa10304847d4cb2307cb83b4b07.jpg

the knife i used.

well today i seared crab cakes in olive oil. pretty simple steps. burnt (too golden) or broke 35 dollars worth of crab cakes meaning 7 crab cakes then got the hang of it. pour oil in two pans wait til hot flatten crab cakes with hand to shape em, then throw em in the oil then flip when a golden brown. take pans to dish room repeat process. I was pretty consistent

too bad my dad took away my camera i would have lots of pictures

wut i learned today.
oil needs to be hot like really hot or else the crab cakes soak up the oil

oil can only be used once

quote of the day "you burn it i burn you twice"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom