D.A.M.B. Dinner 7-31-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
Day After My Birthday. Having spaghetti and meatballs with a side salad.

Happy belated birthday, Craig! ?

We are at my in-laws in MI. I brought several roasted chicken thighs and a veggie-filled pasta salad, so we'll have that and freshly made green salad with homegrown cucumber tonight.

Happy belated birthday, Craig! How did I miss it?

We had movie popcorn, and brought home an overpriced fruit plate from a local grocery store.

Two hard boiled eggs.

We were at a family function this afternoon that included a huge meal. Not hungry for more except for a bit of dessert.

I quartered a whole chicken and it's been in Jerk marinade getting ready for the grill.
I saved back some of it for basting.
SC made some spinach salads so we're set.

Happy belated birthday Craig!

HOT again today so I was wanting a nice cool salad, but something different from the past few days. I picked a couple of ripe tomatoes and found some bacon in the freezer, so ended up with a BLT salad topped with croutons and ranch dressing. Chopped fresh iceberg was the only green this time. Hit the spot.

A bowl of mango frozen yogurt will be dessert, after a couple of hours or so. Still full.

Last edited:
I spent 4 hours with a friend today priming my dollhouse. I didn't get anything to eat till 3pm, so tonight for supper, all I'm going to eat are a couple of pancakes. I won't be hungry for anything else.

Woke up with a really sore hip. You know, the one the X-rays and doctor said had no problems? Well, it hurt. :( Himself fished leftovers from the fridge and nuked up some frozen veggies. I had a bowl of Special K with fresh raspberries early, the had some good-old comfort food. Got my emergency can of Chef Boy-R-D mini raviolis from the basement. Don't judge...

Hope you had a nice birthday, Craig.

Happy belated birthday, Craig! How did I miss it?...
Easy, he doesn't list it on his member profile. ;)

You could ask your doctor about getting a bone scan or MRI. They can detect different problems than X-rays.

Or I could wait and it will go away on it's own. ? That's pretty much what happened in spring. I had the pain and a doctor appointment. By the time I saw my doc and had my X-rays, the pain had been long gone. Old Age-she's a cruel witch.

Or I could wait and it will go away on it's own. ? That's pretty much what happened in spring. I had the pain and a doctor appointment. By the time I saw my doc and had my X-rays, the pain had been long gone. Old Age-she's a cruel witch.

Rub some dirt on it. (Thinking like a NoDak). I ignore just about any pain too. They usually go away on their own.

Hope you feel better soon, CG!

Last edited:

CG, start taking Osteo Bi-Flex https://www.drugs.com/mtm/osteo-bi-flex.html !! It took a few months, but my gimpy arthritic knee in danger of a knee replacement has been vastly improved.
To say I'm amazed is an understatement! :D

Just because it went away on its own before doesn’t mean it will again. Nor does it mean that there isn't something really wrong.

And just because one person's joint pain is caused by arthritis doesn't mean everyone's is. There are lots of things that can cause this kind of pain.
Or it could be age. But you can't know if you don't have it thoroughly checked out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom