Dave's Insanity Popcorn. Have you tried it before????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Have you tried Dave's Insanity popcorn before???

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I use Daves Insanity Sauce very often to wake my butt up. My daughter has used it instead of coffee in hte morning.

Dave's Insanity 'anything' kicks my face off. :cry:
Several years ago, my daughter got me 7 different hot sauces as I collect them. Oh my gosh, putting Dave's on an omelet, just one drop, and it was (milk in my mouth) for hours afterword. My husband actually got teary eyed! :? You all know milk or cream is a neutralizer for hot stuff ;) But no, haven't tried it and won't. I like living :LOL:

middie said:
nope never even seen have. will have to look for it for the bf though

You will only really be able to locate this stuff in a Hot foods store if you have one. It may be next to impossible to find this stuff at a local grocery store.

All you need is one popped kernal of corn to feel the burn!!!!

heavily buttered bread works well too to get rid of the heat. ahem, not that i have ever had to do it, but i heard that it works...

I used to work in an electrical panel shop before I went to chef school. I worked with alot of guys who lived for hot sauce. Being a foodie, I always had an assortment of cool catalogues. Dave's Gourmet was always one. Every so often, the guys would ask me to place an order for them. Olives In Pain, Hot Peanuts, Hot Pretzels and Dave's Insanity Salsa were always on the list. I never bought the popcorn.

Dave's stuff is just too darn hot for me. Crazy hot. Dangerous hot!

RJ

Ardge said:
I used to work in an electrical panel shop before I went to chef school. I worked with alot of guys who lived for hot sauce. Being a foodie, I always had an assortment of cool catalogues. Dave's Gourmet was always one. Every so often, the guys would ask me to place an order for them. Olives In Pain, Hot Peanuts, Hot Pretzels and Dave's Insanity Salsa were always on the list. I never bought the popcorn.

Dave's stuff is just too darn hot for me. Crazy hot. Dangerous hot!

RJ

No other brand of popcorn will do after you had this kind ;) ;) ;)

Have not tried Dave's stuff and probably will not. I like spicy food but not the hot stuff that makes you a dragon for hours afterwards. When the mouth gets to burning, nothing helps. LEFSElover says milk and it does work to a degree, some people use sugar but that is only a temporary solution to breathing fire. The only perfect solution is to not eat the hot stuff you know you cannot handle. Personally I would not be in the same kitchen with a habanero chilli or in the same house with a scotch bonnet. I avoid them in the produce department.

I don't get it. My family goes way back with the hottest of peppers. The burn does not last any longer than about 15 minutes for even a slice of hananero pepper. A chef tirned me on to those about 20 years ago. Just use milk and bread if needed. I love it :!: I have had hot pepper parties where we all try different hot sauces with corn chips. We have Butter Milk,Milk,Sour Cream Dips,fresh bread,butter and lots of beer. My favorite hot sauce that I use in bloody mary's is Tiger Sauce. This is a very mild tasty sauce. Try it. You can find it at most grocery stores.

norgeskog said:
Have not tried Dave's stuff and probably will not. I like spicy food but not the hot stuff that makes you a dragon for hours afterwards. When the mouth gets to burning, nothing helps. LEFSElover says milk and it does work to a degree, some people use sugar but that is only a temporary solution to breathing fire. The only perfect solution is to not eat the hot stuff you know you cannot handle. Personally I would not be in the same kitchen with a habanero chilli or in the same house with a scotch bonnet. I avoid them in the produce department.

Wimp :!: ;) ;) ;)

kleenex said:
norgeskog said:

Wimp :!: ;) ;) ;)

Kleenex, you are right, when it comes to that kind of HOT I am a wimp, gringo. I do have Franks Hot Sauce in my house and do use it sparingly, use green tabasco too.

I have had that. Also tried the Zesty butter popcorn by Act 2. That has great savory flavor, all that's needed is an extra sprinkling of ground habanero.
I also tried those Death Rain chips from Blair's. The hottest ones were really good (can't recall what they were called), but the others (bbq and one other one) were a real disappointment.
Another thing I tried and liked was the jar of Red Savina "Red Hot Chipnuts" (roasted peanuts with a potato coating). They could be hotter, mind you, but they were hot enough to be pretty addictive. :)

mouse said:
I have had that. Also tried the Zesty butter popcorn by Act 2. That has great savory flavor, all that's needed is an extra sprinkling of ground habanero.
I also tried those Death Rain chips from Blair's. The hottest ones were really good (can't recall what they were called), but the others (bbq and one other one) were a real disappointment.
Another thing I tried and liked was the jar of Red Savina "Red Hot Chipnuts" (roasted peanuts with a potato coating). They could be hotter, mind you, but they were hot enough to be pretty addictive. :)

YES A true hot food junkie!!!

Back
Top Bottom