Daytona 500 Sunday, 2/23 What are you cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macgyver1968

Senior Cook
So, what are you cooking to watch 43 rednecks drive in circle for 3 hours? :)

Sunday lunch today is Salmon croquettes with lemon rice and a TBA vegetable.

I'm going to give that frozen chicken breast bake a try, but I'll be winging a few things I do not have, like the sun dried maters. And I'm pretty sure I don't have cream of celery.

Since today will be the last warmish day for a while, I'm grilling a couple of ribeyes, roasting some red potatoes and making salad for dinner tonight.

Well, if this is the supper thread, we are going to have Macaroni Pizza Casserole.

I have been looking for a recipe like this. I saved it, but will probably do my own modifications. I will use noodles, and I will use either hot sausage or pepperoni, to make it taste like the pizza we are accustomed to eating.

I bought a small Sugardale semi-boneless ham and cut it in half. Each half will be enough for DH and I for dinner with a little left over ham. I'm going to bake one of the halves today.

We're going to a matinee performance at an area theatre playhouse, which means our dinner time might be a bit off. In view of that, I have a beautiful salmon filet at the ready and some potatoes that will bake nicely. I'll add some form of green veggie to round out the meal. There's still a bit of the Valentine's Day cherry cake left for our dessert.

I'm still trying to use up the leftover ham. I got creative and made ham and cheese quesadillas. I finely chopped the ham. Whipped 8oz. cream cheese with 3/4 cup mayo. Added the ham and 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese and 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. I spread this between 2 tortillas and grilled them. I added some sauteed mushrooms to mine. They came out pretty good.

I made cumin beef and a broccoli dish. It was a recipe for beef and broccoli, but I left out the beef. It was good, but oh my goodness, it was far too salty. I suspect the beef would have countered the saltiness to some extent.

Re: A rainy day at Daytona. I hope they complete the race before next weekend's race :LOL:

Dinner? I just kept checking the frig all day just to make sure the light bulb works whenever I open the door. Made a sour cream cinnamon streusel coffee cake at 530 a.m. And put a pot of pinto beans on the back burner to simmer for refried beans. Didn't cook another thing all day. Filled up on munchies.

We had Carrot Ginger Cashew soup (no, I didn't make it though I did peel, seed and chop an avocado as a garnish ;)). I had a grilled swiss cheese sandwich with mine and TB had a hot dog with it.

We are having stuffed pork chops...
I just bought two beauties, extra thick, to stuff later this week. Great minds and all...

I was lazy today. Dolled up the Stouffer's French Bread pizzas. Later, Himself finished the last bit of the scallop/brussel sprout/mushroom dish. I heated up the last few potato-cheese pierogi. All our meals can't be exciting! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom