December 12th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessica_Morris

Senior Cook
I didn't see a What's for Dinner thread? So I figured I'd start one unless of course I'm the only one cooking tonight.

We're having hamburgers and hotdogs with French fries

Unstuffed cabbage rolls. It's a casserole that tastes like cabbage rolls without the hassle of rolling the cabbage. That and some French bread.

I am between pots of soup right now. I finished the turkey soup yesterday and will make a potato soup tomorrow. I am cooking some local, smoked, thick bacon and the smell is driving me nuts. I hope to stay out of it and save it for the soup. I still have some fresh tortillas and will do the pepper jack cheese and salsa rolled up and heated. Or I may have a bacon sandwich.

Neither of us is up for cooking. Stirling ordered pizza and I am having an all dressed pork souvlaki in pita, and a bag of fries to share.

Our sweet neighbor gifted us with some of her family's home made tamale's. They were honestly the best I've ever had. I made a delicious Mexican/Spanish rice to go with them, with tri colored bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, onions and spiced with cumin, Mexican Oregano, garlic and chopped cilantro. 'Ole! :zorro:

Yay, I actually had enough energy to cook today! Something that I took for granted as my profession, I now relish when I can do it just for TB and I.

I made turkey stuffed peppers with rice and kale salad. Simple but good

Then I made some gluten-free chocolate chip cookies. It was a package of frozen dough I got from one of the neighbour's kids who was selling for her school. They are very good and so much less work than normal gf cookies. I can just make a few and we can have them warm and gooey!

Ack! I never seem to see these dinner threads unless they start with the word "Dinner" or "What's for Dinner". I cooked...kinda! :LOL:

I made a quick and easy tuna rice casserole. Open and mix contents of cans with instant rice, pop into oven, take out of oven, eat. This time we decided to dress the top up with a little Colby cheese when it was done. Yum!

oops, another one I missed. I should have looked what forum this was under instead of wondering why someone would post the date, lol.
I had steak, broccoli, garlic bread and grilled/baked potatoes last night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom