December 1st dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Made filets (with help from Andy M) with twice baked potatoes and asparagus. Chocolate fudge cake for dessert.

With snow expected here tomorrow, I made a pot of chicken soup. We will have that with a velvetta grilled cheese.

p.s. I hate snow. Makes me say good bye to my lovely shoe collection.

made ossobucco Milanese over Risotto Milanese with sauteed mushrooms and broccoli. Now that's Italian! and oh so good. Had two dinner guests who enjoyed the meal tremendously.

After finding that the chicken bought on Thursday afternoon had not made it through to Saturday afternoon, dinner plans went out the window and decided to cut my losses and cook the Gossie-inspired purchase of chicken and mushroom dumplings, served with Thai Plum Sauce. Nice tv food to watch the final of The Sideshow (standup comedy with music and circus acts) with.

I feel for you Bilby. You know I had that happen to me not too long ago. And I was in the mood for chicken that night.....
While I wasn't really in the mood for chicken last night, I wanted to make sure I cooked it well ahead of the exp date. I'm glad I did. It came out perfect (first time for "beer" can chicken on the new grill) and today I am in the mood for cold chicken sandwiches with lettuce and mayo today :)

Yep, that was me. I think the Dr P adds a better aroma/flavor to the chicken than beer does. It seems like such a waste for half a can of beer anyway :LOL:
Last night was the first time I did not brush barbeque sauce onto the bird towards the end. It just had my basic rub; garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, cajun seasoning for something different, then I add worcestershire sauce to it to make a paste. mmmmmm :chef:
The wind was blowing, the chill factor was single digits and my new this summer, four burner Ducane grill worked like a champ with the two outside burners on for indirect cooking. I would have snapped a pic, but I was too hungry :rolleyes:

It snowed for the first time this year on December 1 so I made a white pizza. In anticipation I've had my handmade dough proofing in the fridge for two days. It was made from King Arthur bread dough and, little bit of high gluten, high protein wheat dough, active dry yeast, salt, sugar and extra virgin olive oil. I took the dough out earlier this afternoon and let it sit to warm up. Then I formed it by slapping it back and forth, spinning and stretching to about 14 inches or as big as the wood pizza peel could handle with semolina flour as the slip lubricant.

For my sauce I mixed fresh parmesan cheese, half and half, cream cheese, chopped onion, chopped garlic and oregano. I spread it on thick on top of the dough.

Next I topped it with North Shore fresh basil leaves, yellow banana peppers and tomato basil Italian chicken sausage. To bind it all I covered it with sliced slabs of 100% mozzarella cheese.

Finally I slipped it onto the pre-heated for one hour pizza stone in the oven and baked it for 8 minutes at 550 degrees. It probably could be best described as a New York Neapolitan style pizza. Crust was baked to perfection on the stone browned nicely on the bottom, burns on the crust and bubbles.

img_515949_0_f689b9aee7c0d2c08e41f5a6aa42456e.jpg

Yum, that looks like a tasty pizza!

We went out to one of my favorite places last night. dh had a steak with a garlic butter. I had chicken stuffed with feta in a mandarin orange tarragon cream sauce, mashed yukon potatoes and broccolini. It was deeeelish!

Back
Top Bottom