Define Your Dinner Mon May 19 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
I define my dinner tonight as Good. Took the edge off the dreariness of the day, although the rain is welcome. Tex Mex Sloppy Joes, Cole slaw with blue cheese dressing, chips and a pickle.

Hot dogs with mustard and relish, with a toasted butter-brushed bun, on the Liddle Griddle! Rated Awesome!

Last edited:
Italian.

We won't eat until later, but I just finished putting together a dish of four kinds of cheese/spinach/sun dried tomato combo rolled in softened lasagna noodles. I'll bake it off later with a nice marinara sauce and more cheese on the top. Sure looks pretty.
We'll also have a glorified dinner salad and garlic toast.

I have left over chili from last night. I'm not in the mood for it again so I'm unthawing a small container split pea soup for myself.

Wanted a break from beef and chicken (exercising the new sous vide setup) and made a thick split pea soup with a mix of ham and chicken stock, diced mixed vegetables, all pureed when very thick and thinned with milk.

I had a meeting at 7 pm and DH is out of town, so I just had some homemade pita chips dipped in homemade hummus and a parfait of vanilla Greek yogurt, macerated strawberries, granola and a drizzle of honey.

I define my dinner as a flattened disk of ground beef cooked and served on a small circular individual bread along with a malt beverage and a bowl of greens dressed with an emulsion of oil, cheese and seasonings.

Italian.

We won't eat until later, but I just finished putting together a dish of four kinds of cheese/spinach/sun dried tomato combo rolled in softened lasagna noodles. I'll bake it off later with a nice marinara sauce and more cheese on the top. Sure looks pretty.
We'll also have a glorified dinner salad and garlic toast.

This was really good, and enough left for a lazy day meal. Love that. :chef:
img_1364618_0_3220ba582909389f3687a619b091cc9d.jpg

Ooh. Am hoping Kayelle will box up a couple of those and send them to me. :yum:

Hmmmm...define my dinner?? Grilled tube steak on cheap store buns. Pasta salad with lots of chopped veggies, cheese and creamy Italian dressing. Pretty good ;)

A friend phoned and asked if we wanted to go to Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue and sit on a terasse and have coffee or cakes or similar. We said sure, so off we went this afternoon. When we strolled along the boardwalk, we found a place having a mussel festival, so we decided to give it a try. Three of us had the mussels. I had with white wine, my friend had with marinara sauce, and his girlfriend had with Pernod sauce. Stirling had some pasta dish. The mussels were wonderful. We shared a couple of pitchers of the best sangria I have tasted in years. I forgot to take pix of the food, but here's the view we had while eating.

Attachments

• view from terasse small.jpg
    view from terasse small.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 156
Great idea for lasagna noodles, Kay. I always have some leftover from a box that aren't enough for another pan of lasagna.
Is there a trick to rolling them and keeping the stuffing inside? How much of the noodle are you using?

Scratch-made Spaghetti with spicey sausage

Home made marinara sauce with sliced spicey sausage using whole wheat spaghetti noodles. Side dish: Green beans sautéed in olive oil, onions, minced garlic, Italian seasoning. Verdict: EXCELLENT

Great idea for lasagna noodles, Kay. I always have some leftover from a box that aren't enough for another pan of lasagna.
Is there a trick to rolling them and keeping the stuffing inside? How much of the noodle are you using?

Thanks Pac.:)
These noodles from Trader Joe's measure 3x7 uncooked. I added beaten egg to the filling mixture, and boiled the noodles in a skillet till they were just pliable enough to roll, but not done. I baked it 50 minutes covered with foil. Here's another picture before they went into the oven.
img_1364678_0_a7136185e75e98fc7a5e6e3f98b9b08e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom