Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If that waffle included syrup, your body is probably coming down from a sugar/energy high and wants to be fed again. Try to change what you start out your day with

jennifer75, up your protein it will carry you longer throughout the day. Try a hardboiled egg and some fruit or yogurt instead of that waffle. Mcnerd is right on with the sugar crash. If you eat some fruit and carb with some protein the carb and fruit energy gets used first, and then your body uses the protein piece which helps get you through more of the day before being hungry.

This morning so far all I have had is coffee. I'll be rummaging in the fridge shortly though. Likely going to have some yogurt and leftover soup for breakfast.

Leftover soup sounds good. The body doesn't know or care whether you eat lunch at breakfast or breakfast at dinner. It all dissolves down to the same nutrients in the stomach.

I need to stop eating cold pizza, cold spaghetti and Peanut Butter sandwiches with dill pickles for breakfast since there are more nutritional things I should be eating. :angel:

Getting ready to whirl up my trusty protein smoothie here
Toots,
I have to have at least 6oz of protein a day and I am tired of hunks of meat...I can handle eggs but now that it's getting warmer I'd love a smoothie for a change. If it's not an imposition would you share your recipe with me?
kadesma

Dad had hot cross buns, DH had a protein shake (Kades, you sincerely do NOT want to know what he puts in his....I don't even like knowing LOL!) and I had two oatmeal muffins that I warmed too long in the microwave. I had to leave the last half muffin as it was rock hard....I am thinking if the canucks had this for a puck they might have been able to advance in the payoffs!

This morning I tried a recipe for bitter-sweet chocolate French Toast. The taste was disappointing and the recipe was terribly wasteful.

luvs, becel is margarine made with sunflower oil, and peameal bacon is back bacon (or what you call Canadian bacon) that is rolled in cornmeal. Very tasty.

For me : 2 sunny side up eggs, couple slices peameal bacon, 1 1/2 slices of toast w/ becel.
For bf : 2 eggs and soldiers, peameal bacon, sliced tomato.

Ok, so what are "soldiers"?

thanks alix!

sounds like an apple & these new cakes i bought called "korean snack" on them. they'rere flour, sugar & salt.

Back
Top Bottom