Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chilled melon soup & tomato chix soup; both were great! especially the melon soup- so refreshing.....

& both very easy! i made the chix soup- that was just stock, chopped celery, chopped onion, & spices, cooked & strained through a chinois, with pesto drizzle.

the other soup was canteloupe, champagne, pelligrino, zests, & there was to be a granita with it though the granita didn't freeze well 'nuff.

That sounds like a lovely breakfast!!! I'm a big tortilla person! :) Can I ask... what is white coffee?

That's what Brits call coffee with milk, in my case a lot more milk than coffee.

No breakfast today. Just a cup of herbal tea. I'll probably be ravenous in an hour or so from now.

I'm not a big breakfast fan -- oh, I usually eat something, but more inclined to leftovers or soup than usual breakfast fare. That said, lately I'm trying to have one of those yogurt plus cups with fruit and maybe a bit of granola to make it more filling to keep my digestive systems going (something many of us post-menopausal gals have problems with, ask Jamie Lee Curtis, haha). It seems to work, but have to say it isn't my favorite meal of the day, even though I actually like all of the components. Preparing and eating lunch, dinner, supper (whatever you care to call them) I enjoy. Somehow breakfast seems more of a chore, and given a choice I'd more enjoy a bowl of ramen noodles with some veggies tossed in.

tomato salad with ripped off (why bother cutting!!) pieces of a crusty round loaf to dip

tomato salad with ripped off (why bother cutting!!) pieces of a crusty round loaf to dip
That's when it's the best... when you just tear a piece off a crusty loaf!!
yum.gif

Leftovers if I'm hungry - if not, and English muffin.

Back
Top Bottom