Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I tried (again) to make ginger pancakes. It seems no matter what I do, I can't taste the ginger.

are you using powdered ginger? have you tried diced candied ginger? Or how about a ginger-infused syrup?

are you using powdered ginger? have you tried diced candied ginger? Or how about a ginger-infused syrup?
This morning, I used powdered ginger in the batter and added crystallized ginger after pouring the batter onto the griddle.

Some of these recipes call for between 1.5 teaspoons to a tablespoon in a single batch of pancakes. I'd say that if you use that much and still can't taste it, then it would be old ginger.

Some of these recipes call for between 1.5 teaspoons to a tablespoon in a single batch of pancakes. I'd say that if you use that much and still can't taste it, then it would be old ginger.
I want to say I got as high as 2-4T per 1/2 cup of flour.

wow. and you still can't taste it? 4T (1/4 cup) of ginger to 1/2 cup of flour is a lot of ginger.

wow. and you still can't taste it? 4T (1/4 cup) of ginger to 1/2 cup of flour is a lot of ginger.
It should have been so hot that it burned your mouth, but it was completely undetectable.

I guess I should start actually measuring, and increase the amount until it works (now that I've got new ginger).

Are you adding any other spices like cinnamon or cloves? Going for gingerbread flavor, or just ginger?

Are you adding any other spices like cinnamon or cloves? Going for gingerbread flavor, or just ginger?
I was originally going for gingerbread, but that was months (or years) ago. Today, I just used the ginger.

Back
Top Bottom