Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sunday morning is either waffles or cinnamon rolls in my house....this week was waffle week. I love waffles, it's actually the easiest to clean after of anything I ever make for breakfast.

I was sneaky and pre-made taco meat, shredded cheese and the veggies. I had tacos for breakfast this morning...they were yummy! And just what I wanted.:pig:

Sunday morning is either waffles or cinnamon rolls in my house....this week was waffle week. I love waffles, it's actually the easiest to clean after of anything I ever make for breakfast.
That sounds lovely. It's still too early here for breakfast. We love waffles and even have a new waffle-maker we haven't used yet. What do you like on your waffles. My fav's are butter/maple syrup (obvious) and warm strawberries.

That sounds lovely. It's still too early here for breakfast. We love waffles and even have a new waffle-maker we haven't used yet. What do you like on your waffles. My fav's are butter/maple syrup (obvious) and warm strawberries.

I generally just eat them plain. My mother and fiance are butter/syrup people. My waffle iron is yet another inherited piece. It's a late fifties era Sunbeam. Pretty amazing device, coiled wire heating elements, interchangeable waffle/griddle plates and still working after half a century.

I generally just eat them plain. My mother and fiance are butter/syrup people. My waffle iron is yet another inherited piece. It's a late fifties era Sunbeam. Pretty amazing device, coiled wire heating elements, interchangeable waffle/griddle plates and still working after half a century.
I have a cast iron griddle/grill pan, but I can't use it well on my electric stove. I miss my gas stove when I lived in NY.

How did it work out, Jet? I hope you had some success.

Better, but not perfect. The closed configuration of the Griddler applied just enough pressure to get better contact between the bread and the cooking surface. Next time I'll have to find something to weigh it down as it cooks.

Better, but not perfect. The closed configuration of the Griddler applied just enough pressure to get better contact between the bread and the cooking surface. Next time I'll have to find something to weigh it down as it cooks.

But, without a cooking surface on top, you still won't get the results you want.

But, without a cooking surface on top, you still won't get the results you want.

Why do you say that? I figure that the weight will give the crispness that I'm looking for, and the one-sided cooking will just take twice as long.

1/3 cup of Oatmeal, 2 tbsp of ground flax seed, 1 tsp of psyllium husk and 2 small slices of dried mango, cooked with boiling hot water and topped with soy milk. This thing keeps me full EASILY till lunch. I eat this every day, mixing up various fruits for variety.

Cade and I had English muffins, a slice of ham, scrambled eggs with sliced green onions. country fried potatoes, no peppers;) hot chocolate for him, coffee for me.Yes life is wonderful.
kadesma

How about oatmeal with sunflower butter, strawberry preserves, bananas and brown sugar? You can get the sunflower butter at Trader Joes. Yum!

Why do you say that? I figure that the weight will give the crispness that I'm looking for, and the one-sided cooking will just take twice as long.

I think I had a brain fart, you are talking about weighting it after you have cooked one side, correct? I had the image of weighting it while still soggy on the top when I posted before. Brain farts are not unusual in my neck of the woods.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom