Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I had a brain fart, you are talking about weighting it after you have cooked one side, correct? I had the image of weighting it while still soggy on the top when I posted before. Brain farts are not unusual in my neck of the woods.:LOL:

No brain fart, that's exactly what I had in mind. I had a chance to try it this morning and it worked pretty well. The biggest thing I noticed was that this method is a lot less tolerant of unevenly sliced bread.

Griddle & Skillet vs. Griddler

Yes, I did. But, only yogurt, to make up for yesterdays incredible calorie intake. It was the 10 year anniversary of our first date, so we were celebrating.:)

No brain fart, that's exactly what I had in mind. I had a chance to try it this morning and it worked pretty well. The biggest thing I noticed was that this method is a lot less tolerant of unevenly sliced bread.

Griddle & Skillet vs. Griddler

Read your review of the Griddler and it seems you have had no luck with it, at all. I have had great results with steaks, paninis and breakfast foods. I've used all settings and both sets of plates. Cleaning is no problem either. I have zero counter space and set it up on top of the stove or beside the sink (18 inch wide counter there).

Here's hoping you have luck finding the best way to cook French Toast for yourself.

Read your review of the Griddler and it seems you have had no luck with it, at all. I have had great results with steaks, paninis and breakfast foods. I've used all settings and both sets of plates. Cleaning is no problem either. I have zero counter space and set it up on top of the stove or beside the sink (18 inch wide counter there).

Here's hoping you have luck finding the best way to cook French Toast for yourself.

When it comes to the Griddler, I seem to be the sole naysayer. It's been discussed on this site and most everyone else is happy with theirs.

Yes, I did. But, only yogurt, to make up for yesterdays incredible calorie intake. It was the 10 year anniversary of our first date, so we were celebrating.:)

Congrats! :clap:

Our 10 year anniversary of our first date and 7 year wedding anniversary are just 4 months away. :w00t2:

I had 3 pcs fried tofu, one fried egg, over medium, some rice and some leftover spicy spinach salad. And a bowl of strawberry fields cereal...:pig:

I surprised my Mom and my Aunt with home made buttermilk biscuits for breakfast this morning. As I was washing up the dishes they were talking and all I heard my Mom say to my Aunt was, " I don't know, I never taught him to make biscuits from scratch....I use Bisquick"

I surprised my Mom and my Aunt with home made buttermilk biscuits for breakfast this morning. As I was washing up the dishes they were talking and all I heard my Mom say to my Aunt was, " I don't know, I never taught him to make biscuits from scratch....I use Bisquick"

ROFL! I've heard comments like that, too. Growing up it was baked chicken, spaghetti and mac n cheese or tuna casserole. I'm the food adventurer in my family.

Breakfast this morning was a chocolate bunny, given to me by a patient, and a handful of Jelly Bellys.:angel:

Just a cup of tea. I ate so many calories for Easter Sunday, that I am not hungry yet today. :)

Chocolate Oatmeal (instant maple oatmeal made with milk and dark chocolate cocoa mix, yum!) and last night's leftover turkey and leftover carrot/potato mash.

Green bean casserole and coffee at the moment. My DH gave me the ick face until I pointed out that our breakfasts were quite similar. Mine had dairy/veggie/protein(almonds) and his was dairy/fruit/carb. He just rolled his eyes and took the dog out for a walk.

Last edited:

:LOL: I made a scratch pot roast just after my Dad moved in a year ago because I knew pot roast was his favourite when I was growing up and I tried very hard to remember exactly how my Mom did it. I served it to him waiting anxiously for his opinion.

He simply said "It's good, almost as good as Stouffers!"

My breakie today was cereal with yogurt, oj and herbal tea.

Breakfast is the most important meal in man's diet, it provide his hungry brain cells with fuel needed to start his day effeciently :)

of course i had my breakfast it was some bread with white cheese, i enjoy this meal morning :)

Back
Top Bottom