Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wow, did I have breakfast! DH is going all out this Valentine's Day. He went into my catering and cake decorating supplies and got a couple of fancy plates, a large cookie cutter and red food colouring.

He made heart shaped Cranberry French Toast in which he added pure cranberry juice and red colouring to the eggs and cut the bread into hearts. He topped it with a warm raspberry sauce and whipping cream. The plating, taste and originality were perfect.

Am I spoiled or what?

Oh wow, did I have breakfast! DH is going all out this Valentine's Day. He went into my catering and cake decorating supplies and got a couple of fancy plates, a large cookie cutter and red food colouring.

He made heart shaped Cranberry French Toast in which he added pure cranberry juice and red colouring to the eggs and cut the bread into hearts. He topped it with a warm raspberry sauce and whipping cream. The plating, taste and originality were perfect.

Am I spoiled or what?

Maybe I will make heart shaped hushpuppys tonight...:ermm:.....:LOL:

Yeah...you're spoiled --- and special!;)

I had 3 slices of French Toast for breakfast. The other day as a treat I bought a loaf of the Texas toast sized bread. I love those thick slices of French toast.

I agree, Texas Toast makes the best French Toast! We used it when I was a camp cook - I can't tell you how many loaves we went through serving it once a week all summer to 600 kid campers and staff!

Oh Laurie, your DH is a sweetheart. How thoughtful. Hubby brought me flowers first thing this morning, and then took me out to breakfast for V-day...had a wonderful spinach and mushroom omelet. He's a sweetheart, too.

My husband's Valentine request was blintzes. He wanted them today rather than yesterday. I really wanted some apple butter with mine, from a particular store in town, but there were so many tourists we didn't even try. For him, real maple syrup made in Wisconsin, a little north of here, did it (and it is pretty darned good, I really didn't miss the apple butter).

Re-heated left over pisto, with a couple of eggs poached in it. Sourdough bread. Coffee. Very nice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom