Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I guess all I can say is that at least you got something in your stomach. :ermm: I hope your drive went well.

They were Oscar Meyer Turkey Franks and believe it or not, they tasted sort of like a Vienna Beef.

I was surprised and drove into a ditch. (JK)

It was quick and tasty and I really wasn't in the mood for eggs this morning. The only thing missing was lettuce and a nice bloody mary!
Oh, a bloody mary sounds good. I had one 2 or 3 weeks ago. The only thing is, it was made with V-8 juice.:neutral: I think they taste the best with tomato juice and whatever spices/add-in's you're accusomted to.

This was my breakfast/lunch....potato pancakes/patties with sour cream and green onion. I'm not having any dinner. :pig: You can't really see the bacon, but there were 3 pieces along side.

img_836138_0_305b13bb2e99286a0c956828639c0fa8.jpg

VB - I love the cakes. I just would have added a lot more onions. :)

I'm guessing you likely did, and was just being aesthetic on the pics :)

Your pal, Bob

a BLT on toasted rye with cranberry jucie and 10 mixed vit and min pills.

Oh, a bloody mary sounds good. I had one 2 or 3 weeks ago. The only thing is, it was made with V-8 juice.:neutral: I think they taste the best with tomato juice and whatever spices/add-in's you're accusomted to.

This was my breakfast/lunch....potato pancakes/patties with sour cream and green onion. I'm not having any dinner. :pig: You can't really see the bacon, but there were 3 pieces along side.

img_836537_0_305b13bb2e99286a0c956828639c0fa8.jpg
those potato pancakes look awesome!! got recipe to share?

Usually I just go for a glass of freshly made juice. But this morning I tried to be a little bit more hardworking. I made vegetable fritters. It was easy, simple & really fast to make. Just use:

a small carrot (peel and grate)
a small/medium zucchini (peel and grate)
a handful of green beans
one spring onion
2 eggs (beaten)
1 T light soya sauce (add to egg)
1 t chicken stock granules (add to egg)
1 C flour (add to egg)

Pan fry the carrots and beans first, then add in zucchini and spring onion to further stir fry. Dish up and add to the batter. Stir well and scoop tablespoonfuls and fry. Serve hot with your favourite sauce. It tastes really good and a healthy breakfast too.

Last edited by a moderator:
yepper- lobster meat, a mini 'cocktail', a mussel, prosciutto, etcetera- we made canapes/hord d'eouvers & i picked at those. also a large McD's sprite!

Quite an exotic cocktail there msmofet:LOL:
I made a steak,onion and cheese omlette this morning, washed down with a half pot of coffee.
gotta have ya vitimins and minerals!! now i want steak and eggs!!

yepper- lobster meat, a mini 'cocktail', a mussel, prosciutto, etcetera- we made canapes/hord d'eouvers & i picked at those. also a large McD's sprite!

oh, & beef tartare! now that was delish, highly seasoned, though Chef said it needed seasoning. to each thier own.

I had a couple potato pancakes. They were leftover from the last batch--I just threw them in the freezer. These where thawed and reheated in the microwave.

poached egg w/toast, yum. I actually just woke up a little while ago, so it was a really really late breakfast!!
I love poached eggs! My favorite way to have them is over roasted or sauteed vegies on toasted, buttered wheat toast.. with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese! :chef:

I love poached eggs! My favorite way to have them is over roasted or sauteed vegies on toasted, buttered wheat toast.. with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese! :chef:
i also love poached egss in a cup a smidge of butter, broken up rye or sour dough toast and some crumbled bacon or cut up breakfast sausage mixed in, salt and pepper. eat with a spoon yummy!!

Back
Top Bottom