Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*burp* excuse me i had 2 beef and bean burritos with taco sauce for breakfast. yummy!!

I had a weird breakfast. I'm making stuffed peppers for dinner, and I cooked the beef/rice/tomato mixture ahead of time. After that was finished, I had a small sampling of that. That was my breakfast.

I had a weird breakfast. I'm making stuffed peppers for dinner, and I cooked the beef/rice/tomato mixture ahead of time. After that was finished, I had a small sampling of that. That was my breakfast.
i also pre-cook my meat and rice before stuffing. i hate when peep cook it raw and by the time the filling is cooked the peppers look like socks that lost their elastic!! i was thinking of making some tomorrow, HAVE YOU BEEN READING MY MIND?

i also pre-cook my meat and rice before stuffing. i hate when peep cook it raw and by the time the filling is cooked the peppers look like socks that lost their elastic!! i was thinking of making some tomorrow, HAVE YOU BEEN READING MY MIND?
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I never thought of that before, and you're right. Some recipes even say to blanch the peppers first. I don't. I just stuff them raw and bake them about 350-375 for about half an hour... to just tender.

I had the same thing I have just about every morning: A whole grain and flax english muffin, with a little bit of buter and honey, a small glass of fresh dairy milk (what a treat this summer!), and a cup of PG Tips.
Sometimes I eat yogurt, fruit, and granola. I'm trying to lose weight sensibly, and all of what I've listed is fairly low in calories, but long on energy.
If I could eat whatever I wanted, I'd have a big Belgian waffle with butter and real maple syrup, hash browns like they make at Hamburger Hamlet, homemade sausage, and a mimosa. (dream on)

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I never thought of that before, and you're right. Some recipes even say to blanch the peppers first. I don't. I just stuff them raw and bake them about 350-375 for about half an hour... to just tender.
:LOL: plus precooking allows you to drain excess fat from the beef. i also cook just till pepper is tender. when i have my homemade salsa i add it to the filling.

img_836974_0_f5ebe4e675dd1302c337b64c79c88587.jpg

My favourite Sunday breakfast for me, bacon and egg sandwich.

Grill the bacon in the sandwich press until it's super crispy both sides and there is plenty of fat left on the plate. Two slices of grain bread on the plate with the centres removed to take the eggs, grill in the press until the eggs are to your liking, very simple.:)

Nothing yet. Mark is going out for breakfast. He loves to go get breakfast and read the Sunday paper. That's his time.

the bacon and egg sandwich sounds good. Then again, so does a stuffed pepper.

OH MAMA!! i want those eggs, biscuit, grits and hamburger or sausage pattie?

*DROOL* That looks SOOOO good!

I have to admit that I never thought about stuffing my peppers with raw meat and cooking them that way, back when I ate meat. My mom always pre-cooked the filling, but she blanched her peppers. I don't. I love crisp-tender veggies, and blanching the pepper makes it mushy and unappealing, IMHO.

*DROOL* That looks SOOOO good!

I have to admit that I never thought about stuffing my peppers with raw meat and cooking them that way, back when I ate meat. My mom always pre-cooked the filling, but she blanched her peppers. I don't. I love crisp-tender veggies, and blanching the pepper makes it mushy and unappealing, IMHO.
most old school recipes mix the raw meat and uncooked rice filling and stuffing it raw. then baking till filling is cooked. which results in the pepper looking like a sock with no elastic slipping down around the bottom a filling tower (which is usually hard as a rock for some reason) OR the pepper explodes due to rice expansion during the cooking OR both at the same time!!

had 2 beef and bean burritos with taco sauce for breakfast again.

Back
Top Bottom