Did anyone eat breakfast today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually my Breakfast today was some Chuck Burgers....I work nights and when I get up it is time for dinner for everybody else

I've had a taste for eggs benedict for months. Thought I'd get it at an Easter brunch, but my friends wanted to go at 1 p.m. (What part of brunch do they not get? You know, that meal that is between breakfast and lunch? 1 p.m. reservations mean eating at 2 and I call that dinner, not brunch). I was going to do it myself, but can't face the thought of learning to make hollandaise (never done it, doubt I ever will). Then I thought of mixing some aioli (pre-made, in a jar, but way too garlicky for this application) with some good mayo as a sub. Poached eggs, steamed asparagus, toasted English muffins, layered with some proscuito we had hanging around the fridge from a previous meal, et voila!! Not as good as at a really good restaurant, but enough to hit that spot on my taste-buds!

i just finished cleaning up our brekkie. eggs over easy, fried prosciutto, oat bread toast and butter, and oj.

my son asked me to add his creation. he made his own egg. he seperates the white, blends the yolk, then mixes the yolk into the egg but not completely incorporating it as you would do with scrambled. then it's fried flat with black pepper. the whites stay in little bits held together by yolk.
sort of a speckled fried egg. strangely good, especially if you like yolks but not runny ones.

Bucky T, that son of yours is sure a chip off the old block....at least when it comes to food! I think his egg sounds marvelous.....and I am not an egg eater.

For breakfast I had a hot cross bun, still have a ton left over from Easter. With it I had orange juice and Peppermint tea.

I was a VERY good girl today. Had a cup of coffee & a slice of whole-grain toast with some cottage cheese spread on top. Believe it or not, I actually like this type of quick breakfast - especially on warm-weather mornings. Of course, it does help if you like cottage cheese. . . .

Oh, I eat it plain, with herbs, with minced veggies (onions, carrot, pepper), with mandarin oranges, peaches, pineapple - you name it. Love the stuff.

Thanks, but no point. No stores around here have ever carried authentic Farmers &/or pot cheese since I've lived here (13 years). And I've had it before back when I lived in NY. Still like the cottage. :)

I've had a taste for eggs Benedict for months. Thought I'd get it at an Easter brunch, but my friends wanted to go at 1 p.m. (What part of brunch do they not get? You know, that meal that is between breakfast and lunch? 1 p.m. reservations mean eating at 2 and I call that dinner, not brunch). I was going to do it myself, but can't face the thought of learning to make hollandaise (never done it, doubt I ever will). Then I thought of mixing some aioli (pre-made, in a jar, but way too garlicky for this application) with some good mayo as a sub. Poached eggs, steamed asparagus, toasted English muffins, layered with some proscuito we had hanging around the fridge from a previous meal, et voila!! Not as good as at a really good restaurant, but enough to hit that spot on my taste-buds!

Claire, the next time you're at the store, pick up an envelope of Hollandaise Mix........you can have eggs Benedict any ole time. I know I'll get some rolly eyes from some here, but I think it's pretty durn good!

I had oatmeal and banana. Boring:mellow:.

Claire, the next time you're at the store, pick up an envelope of Hollandaise Mix........you can have eggs Benedict any ole time. I know I'll get some rolly eyes from some here, but I think it's pretty durn good!

No rolly eyes from this end!! I ALWAYS have several packets of Knorr's Hollandaise Sauce mix in my pantry. Their Bearnaise Sauce too. I also used to keep packets of their Newburg Sauce on hand, but for some reason none of the stores around here carry it anymore, & I'm wondering if they dropped the Newburg.

Anyway, I find the quality, as in taste & consistency, excellent, and I do know how to & have made all these sauces from scratch. What I do is just tweak them a little: some fresh lemon juice & a dash of ground cayenne pepper to the Hollandaise mix; some chopped fresh tarragon to the Bearnaise; & a dollop of dry sherry to the Newburg. Works extremely well, & enables me to toss together some pretty nice stuff on a moments notice.

I had a tortilla wrap with bacon, 2% american, and bbq sauce as an
alternative to my chicken black bean burrito filling which I didn't care for.
Also some watered down pineapple juice (to reduce the sugar) And a few strawberries. Also a few potato crisps (cheese flavor) And some water.

Back
Top Bottom