"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 02-24-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
Wine Guy
Did anyone eat on Tuesday, Feb 24th, 2015?

I fear our daily dinner thread has finally run its course. Seems it's getting later and later before it shows up, if at all.

We had a very late dinner tonight. Mrs K and I just bought all new windows for the house and had a salesman come out and show us their offerings. I thought he might be there for an hour, but it turned into three hours because we were chatting away.

We had fresh broiled Coho salmon, with homemade tartar sauce (I had several egg yolks leftover from another meal), along with a wilted spinach salad and warm bacon dressing. I completely forgot to take a photo because I was so hungry by that point. So you'll just have to trust me when I say that it was a pretty good looking meal.

Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef
I pan fried a couple of pork chops using a seasoning blend I got for Christmas. They were pretty tasty. Rice pilaf and a veggie completed the meal.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #3
Assistant Cook
We have Hello Fresh this week, so we had one of their recipes. Roasted pork chops over mashed potatoes with a rosemary and caramelized onion gravy. I also added sautéed spinach because I do not consider mashed potatoes a vegetable, haha. I like this service but always end up changing about a million things in the recipe! Tonight was no different. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424837519.379982.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	22612

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eeturk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #4
Executive Chef
"I fear our daily dinner thread has finally run its course. Seems it's getting later and later before it shows up, if at all."

Shy typists? I always look forward to this thread and it seems to get a lot of hits/ views every day.

Late dinner tonight after a busy day. I just finished dinner a little bit ago. Very Continental style dining. Luckily I had lunch today. Both the same meal --warmed up veggie soup. I made a pan of Malto Meal Muffins this morning to go with the soup.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:02 PM   #5
Must have been a pork chop day. We had pork chops in onion gravy a la kadesma. I was feeling lazy so we also had brussels sprouts and veggie bits rather than a salad.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:32 PM   #6
Master Chef
Originally Posted by Steve Kroll View Post
I fear our daily dinner thread has finally run its course. Seems it's getting later and later before it shows up, if at all. ..
I hope not. I've gotten good dinner ideas from what others prepare. Since I'm "Justa Wife" I'll try to pick up the pace earlier in the day.

I did a big dinner: roast ham, roasted beets, roasted spaghetti squash, and potatoes Lyonnaise. Being efficient with the oven and electricity use. Veggies are gone, but the ham can be reborn in a couple more meals.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:28 AM   #7
Master Chef
I look forward to this thread, too and will also try to help out by starting one earlier in the day. I thought about it earlier, then got involved in house projects.

I ended up warming up some leftover roast chicken from yesterday and had a small salad with it.

Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote