Diet support??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just stepped onto the ol' bathroom scale and WHOA! I knew I was a touch overweight but jeez! :shock: Guess I should start running again! how the h*** did that happen

If you guys want to do this, fine, but I'd suggest that you base the "contest" on "BMI" results, as opposed raw weight loss...

BMI = Body Mass Index, and Tuesday should be your "start date", as opposed the first "lost pounds" weigh in date...

If you want to do it this way, we could perhaps catch "Audeo's" attention, and rope her in for some "scientific" (read "professional") advice...

It may be an "idea" to ask Admin and/or the Site Helpers to start this as a separate Board, where we could all join in with either "psychological support" and/or recipes and/or exercise "clues"...

Some people have 60 lbs to "remove", others as little as 10lbs...most are "in between"...

What do you "volunteer dieters" think? There can be "easy" ways, and there can be "hard" ways...

Lifter

i'm in too. while bmi is a better indicator, i think we should keep it simple. weight loss is good enuff. you can post your actual weight or not, it's up to you. what's important is giving it the effort, and supporting each other to do the same.

Just a thought....Would we want to name our diet support group? And if so, any suggestions?

"the chubby checkers" ? lol, that's the name from the weight loss support group in the movie "fatso".

I think in the absence of a seperate board, for now, until Admin sees how enthusiastic we are (and how many posts we generate) we should put our weigh ins and recipes etc in healthy and special diets. One because it gets us out of the way of this regularly used part of the board and two because personally I'd rather people "had" to find us, than my posts about my weight being on general display in "general questions and chat" just my opinion, thoughts???

I am one of the "diet for life" or as I prefer it, switchers to mindful eating people, I have basically a person to lose if I want to be at the ideal weight for my height. So for me, my weight loss week by week, may not be as dramatic as say a bikini or wedding dress dieter, and that's fine. As long as we all know in our own minds what we are doing this for, I think this will be really helpful.

DC, I withdraw my comment(s)...

If you find it easier that way, fill your boots!

I will (for once!) "shut up" and let you all go your own ways on the issue

Plainly, anyone wanting to be the "Biggest Loser" has the option of PM'ing me for help and/or advice!

Will "go on record" that one should discuss any diet plan with a Doctor, FIRST!...hence my suggestion that we drag "Audeo" into this, as a freebie Professional consultant...

But, pick your own poison...

Lifter

I'm up for what ever you guys want but,

I think posting under the HEALTHY DIETS is a good thing...

and yes, this Tuesday should just be a weigh in NOT a "how much did I lose" day... Toooo soon for that.

I also think we should make it as simple as poss....
:) :)

Best of luck to all of you who want to lose weight. I lost 30 pounds almost 2 years ago, and have kept it off. That is the hard part, once you take it off. You really have to make a drastic change in eating habits and get some exercise. I walk every day for about 45 mins. and that is a big help. Portion control is also key.

The boost in self esteem is great for you once you start looking and feeling better. I'm rooting for all of you. :)

Another thing that really helped me when I lost a good bit of weight before was to keep a journal on what I ate, how much, how I felt, etc. If I HAD to write down what I was putting in my mouth.... it really diverted me from eating certain things. Although, I am a fan of eating what you want in moderation. If I want a brownie or chocolate or a piece of cake, I eat it, but I just eat a little bit. Enough to satisfy my craving but not enough to undo what I have already accomplished. Another thing someone once told me when I was that if I flub up today, it's ok because tomorrow is another day and you can get back on track then. Don't let one "off" day ruin the whole process. Good luck to everyone and I'll post week one of Trim Club today for those who are interested in it. I will put it under healthy eating...... :D

I have a quick suggestion.... why doesn't everyone post what their goals are? Everyone has a goal, whether it be long term, short term or what have you..... It might help with being able to support everyone if we know what they are working toward.... that is those that feel comfortable posting a goal, some may not. And I can start w/ myself. I have several goals....... my long term goal is to loose @ least 65 but hopefully 75 lbs. My first short term goal is to get under 200 lbs :oops: , my second short term goal is to weigh less than my husband :roll: and then that would bring me to my long term goal of 65lbs :D .

Well I did what I said I wasn't going to do and got weighed today. Oh my goodness. The scales said what I thought they would, and as suspected I do indeed have a person to lose. I'm just looking 10 kilograms at a time at moment. That's around 20 pounds. I don't have a deadline or anything, easy does it. I'm actually feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all, even my instructor looked a bit overwhelmed!!!! I almost feel like giving up, but I can't really, this is too important.

Don't give up, Kyles! It sounds like you have a great outlook on the challenge and are doing a super job so far! We're rooting for you! :D

Lifter, I didn't mean that in a negative way. I guess something like that looks overly serious without any smilies attached! :oops: By all means, share any input. Okay, I guess since I'm a guy I don't really care about posting my weight and I'm not suggesting anyone else do so. At the end of "busy" season last year I weighed 180ish. As of last night I'm 225! :shock: Perhaps I should lay off the beers and munchies and get my rear end moving! :LOL:

I think they're both good, DC. It's important to loose inches, especially around the waist, so it would be good to measure this occasionally. If you're working out and lifing weights, you often may not see a large decrease in weight because you're burning fat but building muscle, so the tape measure could help reinforce the improvements you're making. IMO, I wouldn't just use the tape measure. If you want to use it, weigh yourself weekly, too!

Back
Top Bottom