Diet support??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdswife

Chef Extraordinaire
Has this group ever gone on a diet together??

I belong to another cooking group
and we had weekly weigh ins and
really supported each other in the diet process.
We all ended up losing poundage because it
became sort of a contest and game.

Any one interested in giving it a try?

I could sure stand to lose a pound or 20!!! And misery loves company!!:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I need to lose a few pounds. I would love to lose 20 pounds and could use encouragement and menu ideas. I would be willing to be part of a weight loss group :oops:

I got a little to much junk in the trunk if ya know what I'm sayin. Count me in! I'm doing the low carb thing.

Hey you got my support if I've got yours. I've made a good start this week, and get measured up tomorrow so that I can keep a track of my loss, as I am philosophically opposed to weighing myself, a long story.

It's really helped having you guys on my side so far :P

kyles said:
Hey you got my support if I've got yours. I've made a good start this week, and get measured up tomorrow so that I can keep a track of my loss, as I am philosophically opposed to weighing myself, a long story.

It's really helped having you guys on my side so far :P

I understand how you feel about weighing yourself. That is why I don't have a scale in my house. I use the one at work and weigh myself just once a week or so.

My doctor (well the nurse at the surgery) weighs me, writes it down and doesn't tell me. So if I do well, I'll pop back to the surgery and get them to do it again!

:roll: Does everyone have to know what we weigh or just how much we lost in a given time?

I have lost 30 pounds in the last six months. And the last ten are being very reluctant. BUT on the other hand it is winter where I am, so exercise is a BIT limited.

I DO think you need to make a differentiation between people who are on ego diets and people who are on a diet for life. The advice will necesarilly be quite different.

And some people will be trying to hit different targets, not NECCESSARILY weight loss, but blood, sugar or other body chemistry equivalents.

And I also beleive that it is generally a BAD idea to make it into a weekly competition. Or even a competition at all. Some people HAVE to do this to LIVE. They DO NOT NEED feedback from ego dieters as to how "BAD" they are doing when a bikini dieter is being compared to someone that needs to slowly loose 40% of body mass in order to live.

BUT I do agree that mutual suport is intrinsically helpful. You just have to make sure that EVERYBODY is helped.

Count me in!!! I could definitally stand to loose a considerable amount of weight and having a group to be accountable to works wonders for me. I did a diet plan about 4 years ago and lost 35 lbs. It's the combination of foods that you eat... Only the first week do you limit your intake, after that you can eat til you are full. If anyone is interested in the plan, let me know and I will be more than happy to post here.... I can post each weeks menus. It's thru a program call Trim Club, don't know if anyone has heard of it or not..... I took my measurements last week and OMG! I'm so in for dropping big time!

Okay, I'm curious! I've never been part of a weight loss group and have no idea how it works. Does everyone follow the same basic diet plan or does everyone go with what they think works? :?

Lets see... the way we did it was everyone just picked the diet that they liked... be it for weight loss... or health reasons... the idea being to improve the way each of us felt each day... All of us were at least a little over weight though so I don't think any of it was just for the "ego".

Some of us did post a starting weight but, it wasn't a "rule" that we had too.

We picked Tuesdays as Our weigh in day.. we'd all weigh our selves in the morning and then report in. Some of us just said "yep, I lost some" some gave the amount UP or Down. ( most of us were doing this for weight loss).. if we went UP we were given support and hugs and if we went down we all clapped and smiled for each other.

The only thing set in stone was the Tuesday weigh in...

It worked. We all lost!

Im in too. :? I need to loose about 25 lbs. :(

I shall walk up more stairs and not take escalators!
smileyback.gif

Tasha said:
Count me in!!! I could definitally stand to loose a considerable amount of weight and having a group to be accountable to works wonders for me. I did a diet plan about 4 years ago and lost 35 lbs. It's the combination of foods that you eat... Only the first week do you limit your intake, after that you can eat til you are full. If anyone is interested in the plan, let me know and I will be more than happy to post here.... I can post each weeks menus. It's thru a program call Trim Club, don't know if anyone has heard of it or not..... I took my measurements last week and OMG! I'm so in for dropping big time!

Please!! Post away!!
Thanks!

Great!

Shall we make Tuesday our first "weigh in day"??

Good luck to us all!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Eek. OK, I am in too. I need to lose some pounds but am not really too stuck on some of the fad things out there. I will attempt to curb my snacking and see how that goes.

Back
Top Bottom