Ding, Ding, Dinner Bell Saturday 06-26-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some picked-today silver queen corn, fresh tomatoes, and cucumbers. I think dinner is going to be that with some cheeses. Maaaaybe I'll grill a burger or something.

Ribeye steak sandwich with a Gruyere cheese sauce and arugula mayonnaise. It was on Tyler Florence's show a week or so back and thought I'd give it a shot. Overall, not a bad sandwich.

Just got back from a pig roast graduation party. Lots 'o' grub went down the hatch. No room for dinner.

It's so hot here and I've got the boys Cade and Carson, so dinner is going to be something cool. Watermelon and feta,salad, prociutto on sourdough with Gruyere and a basil pesto, mayo, tomato and arugula sandwich, Corn on the cob that we are grilling. Ice cream cones for dessert.
kades

chuck steak on the grill, with jumbo shrimp kabobs (kinda ;buffalo" flavored, spicy), garlic bread/toast, not sure what else. Thought we'd eat out, but decided to grill at home instead.

maybe the fish dinner i didn't make last night. had egg salad sandwich instead

still to hot to cook. made a huge pasta salad with tons of good stuff in it. will be eating it again tomorrow. i put in small elbow pasta, crinkle carrots, broccoli, some cauliflower, green peas. purple onion, can of well drained cut tomatoes with basil and garlic. made a dressing of mayo and my concentrated balsam vig. lots of pepper, paprika, and red chili flakes. and then threw in a large handful of mozza. grated cheese. it is yummmmmmmmmmy. :chef:

Made pesto crusted salmon, bruchetta, and risotto. I was teaching my oldest daughter (13) how to make a few things so we made bread from scratch starting in the morning. We made baguettes and a large sheet of cibatta for sandwiches tomorrow.

My daughter said it was too time consuming to make a dinner that large from scratch. But I try to explain that it is much cheaper and we really weren't doing anything else with our time. It is a gourmet dinner for 9 and it was under $20.

Got some picked-today silver queen corn

Wow - you're lucky!!! Around here "Silver Queen" is a late-season corn. It won't be hitting our farmers markets or truck farmers sales for another month!

Right now we're getting the early-season yellows & bicolors, which, while nice & sweet, still aren't as good in my book as "Silver Queen".

Woo Hoo!!! Last night we christened hubby's Fathers Day pizza stone & peel gift & it turned out GREAT.

Bought some ready-made pizza dough at the market & let it rise, then spread it out & gave it a light coating of Ragu's "Pizza Sauce", a nice covering of grated mozzarella, sliced turkey pepperoni, dried oregano, & crushed red pepper flakes.

Preheated the stone for an hour at 500 degrees, & although I was nervous, the pie slid onto the floured wooden peel & onto the cornmeal covered stone like I was a pro - lol!! And in 20 minutes the perfect pie with a wonderful crisp crust slid back onto that peel just as easily. I'm so thrilled!

Guess we'll be eating a LOT of homemade pizzas from now on - lol!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom