Dinner 09/16/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
we'll probably have company tonite, so steak & cheese for us grown-ups & pasta for our guest's baby.

Last edited:
Either a dehydrated camp dinner or boiled hot dogs...

we're camping/hunting this weekend.

I just got back from the store with 3 huge T-bones, so I'm going to throw those on the grill tonight & we'll have loaded baked potaotes, salad, yeast rolls & peanut butter chocolate cake for dessert.

I bought a very pretty ham yesterday, so I think it will be baked ham, sweet potatoes, fresh green beans and I have decided about the rest.

Just my BIL and I home for dinner tonight, so I'm going to roast two chickens. He will eat one tonight and the other one tomorrow. I'm just having a sandwich :D.

I am going to try rpcooking's chicken breasts with sauce supreme - except I bought some beautiful boneless pork chops so I will use those instead - served over fresh pasta - my mouth is watering just reading the recipe!

Chili with beans.

I've got a hunk of cross rib roast braising right now that I will shred when it gets mo' tendah. Dumping in a can of whole peeled tomatoes (the big can). can o' red beans, can o' Bush's mild chili beans, maybe can o' black beans if the pot does not look too full. Also sauteed diced onions and green peppers, cumin (lots), chili powder, and maybe some celery salt or celery flakes. Garlic? maybe.

Lou and I are headed to the San Genaro Festival....We'll pick a restaurant on Mott or Mulberry and have dinner al fresco.

pdswife said:
Either a dehydrated camp dinner or boiled hot dogs...

we're camping/hunting this weekend.

That must be so invigorating! I imagine the fresh air makes you ravenous!

Hope you have good weather!

Shrimp bisque, salad and homemade cheesebread. Got the stock simmering and the bread rising right now. If that doesn't fill the bill then folks can go rummage for leftovers!

Lemon sole, with parsley and lemon butter sauce, green beans and Charlotte new potatoes. Bottle of English wine that we bought in Cornwall a couple of weeks ago.

No puds.

I shredded some roast chicken and browned it with some evoo, then sprinkled red chile powder and squeezed a lime over it. Gonna wrap it up in a tortilla with lettuce, tomato, cilantro, avocado and cheddar, then eat it on the way to rehearsal. Dessert will be a peaceful drive home sans kids.

The CDF dispatchers that share the dispatch center ordered pizza. So, we had 8 pizzas for dinner. When I got done I felt like I had eaten 8 pizzas. My favorite was the crisp bacon, pineapple, tomatoes, red and green onions.

Alix said:
Shrimp bisque, salad and homemade cheesebread. Got the stock simmering and the bread rising right now. If that doesn't fill the bill then folks can go rummage for leftovers!

The very first time I made shrimp bisque I was 17 years old and made it as a second course for Thanksgiving dinner. I was trying to impress someone...

It worked. And..I've been hooked on shrimp bisque ever since. Do your kids enjoy that?

Last night was takeout pizza night with a homemade addition. Ordered a large pie with extra cheese & mushrooms (this pizza place uses fresh sauteed mushrooms - not canned - yum!), & then added crumbled sauteed Italian turkey sausage on top at home. Delicious - & it was a nice change from husband's usual request for home-added turkey pepperoni.

Back
Top Bottom