"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #21
Chief Eating Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTamale
How bout a delivery boy for just the Prudential building?
I love that idea! Thanks!

Old 01-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #22
Master Chef

Good luck GB!! I know you will make it work!

We're having Jack in the box, cause I don't want to cook and don't care if dh get's mad or not.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:16 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
lol Texas! That's girl power showing!
Old 01-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #24
Chief Eating Officer

OK I just spoke to my brother and he said he has had the lentils for the past 3 nights so he wants to do something different. He will either pick something up on the way over or I will make pumpkin polenta with sausage.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
We decided on oven fried chicken. I think I'll use french fried onions instead or with the flour. Not sure how it will work out.

Fresh veggies and sliced tomatoes.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Wow Lefse,
you made homemade applesauce? Boy, that was work..I just use Mott's and spruce it up a little with cinnamon and a pinch of cloves.
Okay we are having chicken fricasse in glazed shallots, garlic,sherry vinegar,cream and chicken stock, this will go over some angel hair pasta,also peas with proscuitto and mushrooms, salad, and rolls. And I'm going to try making my first coconut cream pie..wish me luck

kadesma
I've only made coconut cream pie twice. as I recall, it called for 1/2 t coconut extract. don't know if yours will or won't but in case it does, trust me here, a very little (the 1/2 teaspoon called for) goes a very long way. Best of good fortune to you, hope you love your accomplishment! I did, hubby did 'more'.................<<<...loves coconut...about the applesauce, who knew? I didn't as my MIL has made it forever. But, I never watched her actually go through all the steps and believe me, so very much not worth the effort/straining/sieving/boiling/reducing/Cuisinart-ing. Blah blah blah, too much. <<And...........none left..........

Okay, now for the idea of a business including brother. A lady that used to come into a food bulletion board I frequented started out by asking us, the regulars, what our favo sandwiches were. <<(she wanted the ingredients too, btw). After getting a truckload of them, she did in fact open a sandwich shop in Georgia somewhere. I'd never heard of the city or the big city by her little city. She posted pix for the board to see and every once in a while, gave us updates. Long story short, she's opened two more. It was 'that' successful. I am sooooooooo jealous, but happy for anyone that ventures out in that direction<>one of your dreams.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEFSElover
I've only made coconut cream pie twice. as I recall, it called for 1/2 t coconut extract. don't know if yours will or won't but in case it does, trust me here, a very little (the 1/2 teaspoon called for) goes a very long way. Best of good fortune to you, hope you love your accomplishment! I did, hubby did 'more'.................<<<...loves coconut...about the applesauce, who knew? I didn't as my MIL has made it forever. But, I never watched her actually go through all the steps and believe me, so very much not worth the effort/straining/sieving/boiling/reducing/Cuisinart-ing. Blah blah blah, too much. <<And...........none left..........

Okay, now for the idea of a business including brother. A lady that used to come into a food bulletion board I frequented started out by asking us, the regulars, what our favo sandwiches were. <<(she wanted the ingredients too, btw). After getting a truckload of them, she did in fact open a sandwich shop in Georgia somewhere. I'd never heard of the city or the big city by her little city. She posted pix for the board to see and every once in a while, gave us updates. Long story short, she's opened two more. It was 'that' successful. I am sooooooooo jealous, but happy for anyone that ventures out in that direction<>one of your dreams.
Thanks for the heads up on coconut extract, but I was lucky,mine just used 2-3 teas. of vanilla so I'm hoping it tastes okay. It looks really pretty and is setting up fine.
kadesma
Old 01-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #28
Master Chef

I have so many leftovers in my fridge that I just had to make some use of them. I took the bbq pork ribs from last night's dinner and shredded it. Then add more bbq sauce for a bbq pork sandwich on a whole wheat bun. I had a partial bag of shredded cabbage, so I made coleslaw with it. Then I reheated some baked beans on the stove and that was dinner.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #29
Sous Chef

Cheese fondue tonight for the kids, Dh and I had a great late lunch at a Japanese restaurant so we will have a snack later when the kiddies are in bed.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #30
Sous Chef

I make my apple sauce in the MW....takes no time, no sugar, use different kinds of apples and it's deelish!