Dinner 1/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
lot's of soups being tossed around in yesterdays post. sound so good, but here, it's not very cold and I always associated soup with blustery weather.
I am thinking of a comfort meal for DH tonight. Stick to your ribs type thing. I must venture into the garage and look into the freezer for inspiration.
When I decide, I'll post menu.

How bout you? cookin?

(quote, PA Baker writes)...crewsk's baked pork chops and rice.
Is there a recipe? I have 3 packages of pork chops in the freezer. And goodness knows I have rice. Could you send me a link to where it may be posted? Appreciate it!

Update, I just looked up pork and see that Crewsk has a recipe for stuffed pork chops.
I don't have all needed so tonight, it'll be Pork stewing meat, that's now defrosted since taking out wrong package. Melting a jar of peach jam, soaking pork pieces in that, tossing in seasoned flour and frying later on tonight for dinner with chicken flavored rice and cheesey glazed baked cauliflower. Dessert is the Soft sugar cookie recipe I made yesterday including my newly acquired ingredients called 7 Spices Blend. DH really liked them.

Last edited:
Today, before I go to work, I'm making chicken salad. I plan on eating it in a pita pocket, and dw is eating it on crackers with sliced jalapenos.

Either Italian Chicken, or barbecue chicken - don't know which - the sides will depend on which of the main dishes wins out.

Tonight we will have Cheese Steaks. I will toast the hoagie rolls, and allow the kids to top as desired from lettuce, tomatos, onions, salad dressing, grilled onions and green peppers. Top with cheese of choice and broil.
The only thing I can't decide on is a side dish. I don't want to do fries :ermm: , I thought about French onion soup but might be too much bread, and we have had enough salad. I would like to use some carrots as a cooked veggie dish but I am not sure what to do with them!:angel:

LIke you, Lefse, I'm in the mood for comfort food. It's very blustery here, too. I think I'll make crewsk's baked pork chops and rice, some sort of green veggie and a salad.

We'll be having the soup I made for last nights dinner.
There's a ton left since I wasn't really hungry and Microsoft fed Paulie.

I had a plate of spaghetti with pasatta (sp?), oregano, basil and 5 gloves of garlic (trying to build up the ol' immune system!) at 2pm and I'm still full, so I'll probably just have something light like cereal for dinner.

pab, i think they use eagles, not chickens in their soups in philly. :chef:
in minnesota, they use salt and culpepper...

tonight i made baked then broiled salmon filets in basil/dill butter, and baked spuds with seasoned salt. i overcooked the salmon to dw's liking, but i prefer mine still flapping.

Last night was Burns' Night - and I attended a Burns' Supper, with dancing afterwards... typical menu haggis, chappit tatties and bashed neeps, tipsy laird for pudding and Scottish cheeses with biscuits... and FAR TOO MUCH WHISKY..

I'm feeling a trifle delicate today...:chef:

By the time you've toasted the haggis, toasted the piper, toasted the pudding, toasted the 'Loyal Toast', toasted the recitation of the Burns' poems....

Believe me, there IS such a thing as too much whisky (our whisky has no 'e' in the spelling!):)

Back
Top Bottom