Dinner 1-5-2018 ~ First Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm still working my way through the ham from New Year's. 9 pounds (including the bone) sure goes a long way! Tonight's version will be cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham. Sides will be shredded Brussels sprouts sauteed (probably with bacon, or maybe in butter/oil) and a tossed salad (brrrrr) just so we can use up some fixin's. We also have a couple of mini-loaves of bread from West Side Market (country, farmer's, and Tuscan olive) that might figure into the picture.

What's cookin' at your place?

"I'm still working my way through the ham from New Year's. 9 pounds (including the bone) sure goes a long way! "
This is why I think twice before buying a ham, what is it, a ham and your relatives are hazardous to your health after 3 days or something. I never understood why that ham wasn't gone with all the relatives hanging around.

Tonight's supper is going to be eggs benedict. With sausage, not ham. And I have quite a bit of organic local grown hot house arugula spinach mix for salad.

My Christmas ham was barely 3 pounds and it all gone.

We had raclette grill out since it is my name day today and I get to choose food, so we had Raclette.

The definition of eternity..two people and a ham.

OTOH, the best thing about a ham is the bone, and you're sure not going to get a bone with an itty bitty ham.
I'm defrosting some chicken thighs (skin on, bone in) and I havn't decided what to do with them yet.

Nothing cooking here. Got takeout from the Thai-Japanese place. This cold weather is just sapping all our energy.

Roasted pork tenderloin topped with a dried cherry / red wine pan sauce. First time for the sauce, and Mrs. T approved. Served over brown rice, steamed broc.

Tonight was a night when they ate stuff I don't like and I ate stuff she doesn't like.

SO makes golobkis. I'm not a fan. I make soup my mom made with mint and yogurt that she doesn't like. So, golobkis for SO and GD and munti for me.

Fried Scallops & Shrimp

39817-albums960-picture7197.jpg
[/IMG]

I went to a Korean Bibimbap place today for lunch with a friend. I had LA-style Kalbi (short ribs) as my meat topping.

So, tonight I'm just going to graze.

CD

That looks pretty, GG. And s&p, your seafood looks yummy, too. :yum:

My "9 pound ham" comment wasn't a complaint! :LOL: We all LOVE ham. Probably more than any health care partner would be happy about. Ended up sauteing the sprouts in bacon fat, too. Whatever...

I dragged some slightly freezer burned cheese from Loverly's stash, scraped the nasty parts, and grated the rest - hoping all the way that the sauce wouldn't be bad. Nope, everything was very tasty. Ended up not making salad because, well, 0 degrees. Just couldn't work up the interest.

I also found a white plate with a small color band going around the edge. I ended up with a not-bad photo:

Attachments

• 20180105_203135.jpg
    20180105_203135.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 165
The definition of eternity..two people and a ham.

OTOH, the best thing about a ham is the bone, and you're sure not going to get a bone with an itty bitty ham.
I'm defrosting some chicken thighs (skin on, bone in) and I don't know what to do with them yet.

I thought about grilling the thighs, but even here I'd need to dress for chilly weather, so nix on that.
I had marinaded the thighs in Mojo, so I convective roasted them in the oven at 425F (on my silicone pyramid mat) , and poured the boiled marinade over the top when they were done to serve.
Mexican rice, along with skillet zucchini with butter/sun dried tomatoes/ tomato paste/red onion/balsamic vinegar were the sides.
:yum:

Greek diner tonight.

Greek salad, lamb shanks over orzo, and psomi (bread).

Chocolate mousse cake for dessert.

We're both fighting the flu here so I just brought home a frozen lasagna entree from the deli..couldn't even taste it but I had to eat something...
frozen water in the kitchen..this cold snap is a bugger..

Back
Top Bottom