Dinner 1/9/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Venison Pot-Roast

img_1405775_0_93ea562c52d6e685a8a6cfcce9c80bea.jpg

Oh my that looks so good. I love pot roast!

We polished off the last of the frozen turkey noodle soup for dinner.

Looks great, S&P! We finished up the lunch tuna subs from Blimpies.

Made a pot of chicken stock today. Chicken and noodles fixin's simmering, though I think I will make spaetzle instead of noodles. We'll see how that goes....

Kettle corn for dessert.

Hugs to those who are so cold, but I grilled without a sweater tonight. Ducking and running.;)
This is a favorite easy low cal meal we always enjoy with our grill basket.
Marinated veggies in a spicy vinaigrette and split Lil' Smokies, tossed to perfection.

img_1405805_0_05d5e7221db5aac9f09f70033032fa51.jpg

Hugs to those who are so cold, but I grilled without a sweater tonight. Ducking and running.;)
Marinated veggies in a spicy vinaigrette and split Lil' Smokies, tossed to perfection.

img_1405810_0_05d5e7221db5aac9f09f70033032fa51.jpg

Looks great, Kayelle!

Hmm. Not only do you not have the flu virus in your state, but you also have lovely temperatures. Something isn't quite right here. :p

Last edited:
I'm going to roast a 1.20 lb "petite sirloin roast". My supermarket had a "buy one get one for free" so I couldn't it pass up. McCormick's makes a Roast 'N Bag packet mix. I take the seasoning from it and stir in a little water to make a slurry and then rub it on the roast. I didn't realize how truly delicious this kind of roast is. They don't carry it all the time. I won't be buying my usual eye round roasts anymore now that I've sampled a petite sirloin roast. Yum.

Last edited:
Picked up fried fish and bay scallops at the grocery store. Baked baby potatoes and nuked frozen peas. The best part of dinner was finishing up the apple pie. Yup, it's gone already. Easy to do when you share half with the relatives up the street. ;) Less calories for our hips that way.

img_1405830_0_05d5e7221db5aac9f09f70033032fa51.jpg

Kayelle,

Thanks for posting this picture!

It inspired me to dig out this thread!

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/favorite-way-for-tasty-fresh-veggies-89715.html

I need to get busy this weekend and roast a pan of fresh vegetables, shake things up a little! :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom