Dinner 10-18-2017 ~ What "National Day" do you want today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Today could be "National Chocolate Cupcake" day. Or, if you prefer, "National No Beard" day. :huh: I'm hoping Himself doesn't find out about that one...:ermm: Or pick from three other "day"s here: October National Days

We're working our way through leftovers tonight, mostly from our pork-and-sauerkraut supper. I'll need to make a mashed potato or two. .....I also now have a taste for chocolate cake... :neutral:

What's your dinner tonight?

We'll be having scrambled eggs, pan fried ham steak and sliced tomatoes. I will also have some hot banana pepper rings and a slice of TJ's smoked gouda on the side.

a day late and a dollar short..

Today's dinner was linguine with chicken and caramelized zucchini/yellow squash, along with a green salad and hot rolls..

Sponge cake for later..

Ross

I seated some black sesame crusted tuna steaks on the grill, and made a soy/peanut/garlic dipping sauce.

DW made tempura shrimp with a citrus/sweet chili /herb dipping sauce, and white rice.

Got a bit of a late start - it must be rubbing off, CG :ROFLMAO:

I have some chicken thighs rubbed under the skin with salt and salt-free Penzeys Mural of Flavor seasoning roasting in the oven. I'll bake a couple potatoes and braise some green beans to go with. I also baked some no-knead bread the other day, so I'll slice and toast and rub some in the chicken fat :yum:

I was all set to make the smothered bacon wine asiago chicken, but at the last minute, I realized I didn't have any cream.

So I decided to try the bacon cheddar ranch potatoes instead. This is another experiment, for anyone keeping count.

The recipe called for an envelope of Ranch dressing mix and red potatoes. All I had were new potatoes and I accidentally picked up the Ranch dip mix envelope. But it still smelled delicious just going into the crock pot.

It's supposed to cook for 3 to 4 hours on high in the crock pot and I've got my fingers crossed for 3. And what I don't eat tonight, I can use as a side to the chicken tomorrow - IF I get to the store for some cream.

I pan seared some pork tenderloin medallions and served that with rice pilaf and butternut squash.

I seated some black sesame crusted tuna steaks on the grill, and made a soy/peanut/garlic dipping sauce.

DW made tempura shrimp with a citrus/sweet chili /herb dipping sauce, and white rice.
Did they forget to make reservations? :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I put the little oval individual casseroles to good use again tonight.

Bottom layer was leftover frozen jasmine rice, mixed with some green onion and chopped mushrooms. Next layer was well seasoned cod fish fillets with salted lemon pepper, drizzled with melted butter. The final layer was lemon buttered Panko crumbs, and they were baked till golden in the toaster oven at 375 for 20 min.
Easy peasy delicious dinner with SC glorified green salads.

PS..thought I'd add that I found gourmet pink Himalayan salt granules in nice reusable acrylic grinders at the Dollar Store today!! Who woulda thunk it?
(packaged in USA)

Last edited:
I put the little oval individual casseroles to good use again tonight.

Bottom layer was leftover frozen jasmine rice, mixed with some green onion and chopped mushrooms. Next layer was well seasoned cod fish fillets with salted lemon pepper, drizzled with melted butter. The final layer was lemon buttered Panko crumbs, and they were baked till golden in the toaster oven at 375 for 20 min.
Easy peasy delicious dinner with SC glorified green salads.

PS..thought I'd add that I found gourmet pink Himalayan salt granules in nice reusable acrylic grinders at the Dollar Store today!! Who woulda thunk it?
(packaged in USA)
Tell me more about the little oval individual casseroles. Link? please. Do they have covers?
Nice find at the dollar store! How big are they?

Oh and your dinner sounds FANTASTIC! Picture?

I made it National Grazing Day at the doghouse. I had a cheeseburger and tots at Sonic for lunch (bad dog), so I'm grazing on fruits and veggies tonight.

CD

Tell me more about the little oval individual casseroles. Link? please. Do they have covers?
Nice find at the dollar store! How big are they?

Oh and your dinner sounds FANTASTIC! Picture?

These are close to what I have MsM. I really enjoy cooking with them, and they keep portions under control with a really nice presentation for so many main or side dishes. Two fit in my toaster oven perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KMKSP...t=&hvlocphy=9031631&hvtargid=pla-329346366674

DH came home with some Halloween candy, so I had a fun-size Snickers and two, make that three, fun size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. For, you know, quality control. Oh, and some ham salad.

What was this thread about? Couldn't work it out, but it's probably because I'm tired at the moment, doing lots of translations and interpreting, and taking tourists round the wineries at the same time. Gave up and made pasta e fagioli alla Romana. I started my Italian life in Rome, so when I want to go into a corner that's where I go. Fortunately OH likes it. We'll be there for a few days and then come back and start again. If I missed the point of this thread, it's because I'm tired.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast

Back
Top Bottom