"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Dinner 10-24-2015 ~ 'Sup for Saturday Supper?

Oooh, yummy, Cheryl!

Change of plans, ribeye will be tomorrow. Too many leftovers to take care of.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:35 PM   #12
Head Chef

It looks absolutely delicious...mouth watering so!

Old 10-25-2015, 12:14 AM   #13
Master Chef

Thank you friends.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:20 AM   #14
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

We had dinner at my Best Friend Snow White's house. { ,m .//;. (Rufus) }

Her husband, Prince Charming, fixed homemade egg rolls, sweet and sour sauce, rice and chocolate cake. Dinner was delightful!
Old 10-25-2015, 03:59 AM   #15
Master Chef

Good looking plate, Cheryl!

Snow White, PF? And Prince Charming? So cute.

The muffins will have to wait for another day - probably baked solo in the toaster oven. I ended up roasting a total of four different veggies: beets with fresh thyme; redskin potatoes with Greek seasoning; carrots, apples, and red onion with garlic and herbs de Provence; and Brussels sprouts. It was a real League of Nations supper!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-10-24 22.58.07.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	23709  
Old 10-25-2015, 04:31 AM   #16
Head Chef

Neither one of us felt like cooking or going out as we both were busy yesterday, so simple and old-style dinner tonight. "Mexican" rice that I originally got the recipe off of a box of Minute Rice about 30-35 years ago back in the day when I still used that. Ground beef, chopped onion, frozen mixed veges, 1 can of chopped tomatoes w/liquid, chili powder, rice obviously, S&P, and half/half of beef broth and water. Added some Worcestershire, fresh chopped garlic and cumin this time. Had some sliced Fla avocado on the side that a neighbor was nice to give us 3 of, with some lime juice and S&P. Not a pretty meal, but filling, fairly nutritious and pretty decent tasting. I used to make this a lot when I was in my early 20s before DH, quick and easy, cheap, and lots of leftovers to eat later in the week.

Nice plate CG. I LOVE roasted beets, DH not so much so I don't get them often. I'll have to try with thyme next time I'm able to have them.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

We were both exhausted from the teacher event, so we ordered pizza and went to bed early.
Old 10-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #18
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Snow White, PF? And Prince Charming? So cute.

The muffins will have to wait for another day - probably baked solo in the toaster oven. I ended up roasting a total of four different veggies: beets with fresh thyme; redskin potatoes with Greek seasoning; carrots, apples, and red onion with garlic and herbs de Provence; and Brussels sprouts. It was a real League of Nations supper!
Nice looking dinner CG! I too love the look of the beets. Only beets around here are sugar beets, there is a sugar refinery in Torrington...the smell...Ugh!!!

Snow White and I have been best friends since 2nd grade, I am the Fairy Godmother to her sons. The eldest is getting married in May.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:40 PM   #19
Master Chef

Looks good, CG! I just added beets to my shopping list - it's been a while since I've had them. Love them roasted!
Old 10-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #20
Head Chef

I had a roasted red pepper so improvised a sauce to go with fine egg noodles (vermicelli). My variation of a harissa recipe.

I blitzed it up with a whole red chilli (including seeds - maybe a mistake!), spring onions, fresh baby plum tomatoes and sun dried tomato paste. It was very fiery but I thought it would be less so once mixed into the cooked noodles along with strips of finely sliced chorizo and chopped flat parsley.

The heat of the chilli was just about bearable! Otherwise quite a good sauce (I poured it over the cooked pasta from its container i.e. the blender so that the sauce absorbed into the pasta as it cooled).

Tags
dinner, supper