Dinner 11-9-2015 ~ Meaty Monday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
We'll be politically incorrect and have meat tonight. A small ham steak in the fry pan surrounded by nearly two pounds of fresh green beans. The beans are the best part! :yum: I scrubbed small red-skin potatoes that I might cut up and roast, but I also have a fresh loaf of crusty white bread that just might end up as our starch if I morph it into garlic bread.

Dessert tonight. We still have apple pie, enough for two generous pieces each.

What will be turning up on your plates?

Why is having meat politically incorrect?

We're having a roasted turkey breast with stuffing and a veggie.

Andy, I was just being semi-funny. Guess it didn't work, huh? There has been a real push over the last few years for people to go without meat one day a week - and "Meatless Monday" has a nice ring to it if you're in marketing. In our house, we eat as we please. We're evil like that. Bwahaha! OK, kidding about the :devilish: part.

Meatless Monday The Global Movement

The last of the meatloaf, pan fried, already scrubbed up a gazillion tiny potatoes before they shriveled up and ended up on the compost pile, will boil them for mashed potatoes, and some freshly dug carrots with an orange glaze. Still have peach pie:yum:! I guess it's Vit A day.

Last edited:
I have a decent sized chunk of salmon leftover from last night so I thought I'd shred it, add a little minced onion, mix it into some Neufchatel and have it with some wheat crackers. Loaded up chopped salad with TJ's Romano Caesar dressing to go along with it.

It's pouring out here.I love days like this.Rainy and cold.
Misery for some.I like company.:LOL:

Chicken and dumplings sounds really good right now.So it will be.

On meatless Monday,
We shall be having Mexican meat loaf and stuffed peppers. Both have ground beef. Also some jalapeño poppers. It's called scrounged in the freezer.

What is funny is all the recipes I have seen in magazines for meatless Monday always sound awful and expensive.

Oh and we won't be having Tacos on Tuesday.

DH mentioned that he was interested in a salad. We have some ham and bleu cheese crumbles to go with it.

Finally found some Mojo Criollo, so we're having a marinated pork tenderloin on the grill, with red potatoes and broc on the side.

You're gonna love it that way tenspeed! Boil up some of the marinade, add some butter chunks, for a great sauce for the meat. :yum:

I'm doing an oven pork tenderloin in the oven tonight..another one of my favorite ways with this jewel of a pork cut.
http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...-aux-herbes-de-provence-la-kayelle-90863.html

Meatless Monday's has never meant a thing to me. :(

Cheese burger & tater salad.

img_1443346_0_af8650fd3d78676c4a38fee1f7b19ba4.jpg

It has been coolish today, so I took that as an excuse to make some hearty fall food.

We had Sausage-and-Bean Stew. It is a recipe from the March 2015 issue of Southern Living magazine and, boy, is it good. I made a couple of baguettes this afternoon and they were perfect to sop up the juices.

Lots and lots leftover to enjoy in the days ahead, along with an ample quantity to put in the freezer. Love it when I cook once and we can have it another time.

Meatful Monday here, too! :LOL:

I rescued some garden tomatillos, Anaheims and, um, some other green chile pepper, from the back fridge and made pork chile verde. I served it over rice with Mexican cheese, lime juice and fried tortilla strips.

Attachments

• 1447116974776.jpg
    1447116974776.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 181
Without giving thought to it, I did have Meatless Monday here. Acorn squash, cheddar cheese, thin sliced apple quesadilla, which I brushed with bbq sauce before filling. The texture was not quite right ( mostly too squishy) but the flavors were surprisingly good combo.

Along with this I made a black eyed pea salad with diced cukes, baby tomatoes, cooked green beans, green onion, parsley with a lemon mint dressing. Looks like that is going to be around for several meals this week.

Vegetable soup. tomatoes and corn from our garden. other veggies from the frozen and produce section. With my version of Starbuck's Tomato & Mozzarella Panini.

Back
Top Bottom