"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Lol, thanks, Whisk. It's not like I get to sit and watch the games, per se. It's more about producers, directors, ops, and production assistants/interns reporting problems that we have to triage. If they can work around for air, then I'll wait until they're off. Otherwise, you're already too late.

buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Date night! DH wanted to take me out, so that's what we did We went to a local tavern and had a pretty good meal. Service was a little slow, but we enjoyed it. I had a Cosmo with white cranberry juice and a burger with house-made potato chips. DH had fish & chips, aka fries. That haddock was huge!
Click image for larger version

Name:	1202171944.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	28582

Name:	1202171956.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	28583

Name:	1202171956a.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	28584

Old 12-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #13
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
Please, no more college football. I've been working on it all day.

Dinner tonight is a salad with creamy balsamic dressing, and a roast beast wrap with a bag o' chips.
Oh, um... I didn't realize it was today's menu thread. Oooops.

I got up at 5:30 AM to fly to St. Louis to photograph a car, and flew back this evening. So, I had airport food all day -- about fifty bucks worth of airport food, which doesn't buy you much at an airport. My bacon-cheddar burger at Chili's was good, and probably twice the calories, fat and sodium of a tasty burger cooked at home. Not to mention it cost me 15 bucks.

Tomorrow, I cook.

CD
Old 12-03-2017, 02:24 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
...another reason I hate ohio state. Their athletic director said some really nasty things about TCU -- right before TCU won the Rose Bowl....

So, CG, it seems we have another rivalry. ...
If it was the "Little Sisters of the Poor" remark, don't blame the AD. It actually was the college prez, Gordon Gee, who make that remark. And most OSU people always thought Gee was a jerk. Yeah, he was.

Just so long as our rivalry doesn't come to blows, it's all cool.

In addition to a tasty dinner, we had a bit of indigestion. Ugly win, but we'll take it. But the stew? Definitely a winner! Oddly enough, the bacon did not make it taste better...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20171202_214137.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	28587  

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:15 AM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I hate "THE" ohio state. Mostly because they refer to themselves as "THE."...
Himself told me the full story of why "THE" is emphasized. Rather than send you a PM, Casey, I thought I'd put it here in case anyone else was interested.

When OSU was first founded, the college was called the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College, but the name was changed to The Ohio State University when the decision was made to add broader disciplines like English and ancient and foreign languages. When personal checks became an acceptable means of payment, the college insisted that the checks be made out to "The Ohio State University". OSU, Ohio State, and Ohio State University was not acceptable; those checks were returned for correction. The Student Handbook even explained that point by using all CAPS for the work "THE". Soooo, students being what they are, decided that by emphasizing the word "THE" and using all caps no matter what, it was like a verbal middle finger to the college's Powers That Be.

Now that you now the back story, I hope you'll chuckle instead of get annoyed.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #16
Head Chef

We broke down and got a bacon cheeseburger pizza from Domino's last night. Has 1 piece and a salad. Mom, bless her heart, had 3 pieces for supper.

cjmmytunes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner, ham