Dinner 12/7/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, Dawg, it's very "beefy". I love the taste of the steaks and chuck. I've found the chuck tends to need a bit more braising time though.

i see i already saw that recipe. Oops :wacko:
I'll have to get some hot paprika (i never even heard of that before) and i'll be making it. Of course, not to drag another thread into this one... It sure would be nice to see a pic :rolleyes: Some of the ones i've seen look so runny and greasy. I need a goal :chef:

Here was my bison steak dinner. I wish they had bigger steaks, but it is what it is. Along with some sugar snap peas, grilled bread with olive oil and raw garlic rubbed on and a baked tater.
I even fired up the smokey joe. It still works! :LOL: My timing was a bit off, but 'that's grillin.

View attachment 12562View attachment 12562View attachment 12562

Last edited:
Cheesecake turned out well! And first time making :) mum loves it! I don't like cheesecake, but I made it for her anyway.

Attachments

• image-3371208418.jpg
    image-3371208418.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 154
  • image-196895379.jpg
    image-196895379.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 142
Tonight dinner is chicken breast strips in an asian influenced sauce with garlic, orange, ginger, onion and a squirt of Tiger sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce. Rice and broccoli.
YUM, that really sounds good!

I have had so many ideas for this week, but I just haven't felt that great. I threw together a soup with the veggies I had on hand and gave that to Mark. I'm surprised he's not getting sick of soup.

My first attempt at home made flour tortillas. They were too small and thick to fold into burritos. I used the left over maid rite meat from last night and added Mexican spices and cheese. I don't have any fresh produce, so I can't call them tacos. :LOL:

View attachment 12552
I've never made homemade tortillas. My hat is off to you for trying. Even though they didn't turn out the way you hoped, your dinner still looks good! Kind of like mini pizzas.

pac... your steak looks luscious! I'd walk out in any snow storm if I could get a steak dinner like that!

kezlehan... MMMM, cheesecake. Reminds me of old sitcoms of the Golden Girls I love to watch now and then. They would always sit at the kitchen table and have cheesecake.

I got Kraft-y last night for dinner....Shake-n-bake chicken leg quarters and Stovetop stuffing. Oh, and lima beans for the veg.

WOW Everyones meals look and sound fantastic!!

It's a low glycemic syrup made from the agave plant, grown in various warm spots. Kinda looks like aloe. 3 parts agave =4 parts sugar, so you can use less. It doesn't spike diabetics' blood sugar like regular sugar does.

That sounds great. Where can I find this? At the market in the baking isle with the sugar?

That looks incredible, Pac! Love bison. Couldja send me just a bite, including potato and snap peas? And a bit of garlic bread? Thanks!

Me Too Me Too! That plate looks wonderful and the meat is pefectly cooked Pac!

I hope to meet you one day to sample some of your home-cookin'.

Thank you VB.

Vanilla Bean said:
pac... your steak looks luscious! I'd walk out in any snow storm if I could get a steak dinner like that!

kezlehan... MMMM, cheesecake. Reminds me of old sitcoms of the Golden Girls I love to watch now and then. They would always sit at the kitchen table and have cheesecake.

Thank you, it was so great to see the smile on my mums face when she tried it.

Thanks Bean! We may just be having that storm in a day or so.

msmofet said:
WOW Everyones meals look and sound fantastic!!

That sounds great. Where can I find this? At the market in the baking isle with the sugar?
MM, I found it at Costco, during my yearly trip. Haven't seen it in the grocery store, but I live in a small town.

Kezlehan, nice job with the cheesecake!

Last edited:
MM, I found it at Costco, during my yearly trip. Haven't seen it in the grocery store, but I live in a small town.

Kezlehan, nice job with the cheesecake!
I looked on my local Shop-Rite online shopping site and they have Agave Nectar on sale.

Is this it? And is that a good price?

Madhava Amber Agave Nectar

Certified USDA organic. 100% Pure agave nectar.
11.75 oz

SKU/UPC: 078314211757

483825.jpg

RegSaleFlag0.gif
On Sale! Price Plus Club Members
(Limit: 1 Items)
Reg. Price: $2.49 $0.17/oz Per Unit

$1.99 Price

Back
Top Bottom