Dinner 12/7/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight dinner is chicken breast strips in an asian influenced sauce with garlic, orange, ginger, onion and a squirt of Tiger sauce, sesame oil and soy sauce. Rice and broccoli.

My first attempt at home made flour tortillas. They were too small and thick to fold into burritos. I used the left over maid rite meat from last night and added Mexican spices and cheese. I don't have any fresh produce, so I can't call them tacos. :LOL:

View attachment 12552

Last edited:
Tonight we're having striploin on the BBQ. We'll also have some lovely baked potatoes with all the fixin's, a green salad and a cooked veggie to be named later. I'm going to make sesame sauce for the steak, although striploin really needs nothing to enhance it.

In -8C, light snow? You're tougher than I am.

I'm doing my Chicken Paprikash with Spatzle tonight.

That picture looks yummy Pac.....how did you make it?

Thanks, Kay.

I got two eggs cooking to hard boil
Put some cut up asparagus in a little salted water to simmer for about 6 minutes
Drained the water, shocked the asparagus and drained again
Then added about half a stick of butter on low heat to melt
When melted I turned up the heat and added 1-1/2 to 2 TBS of flour, stirred/cooked for a couple minutes and added the milk (1-1/2c?) plus s&p
Brought to a boil, then turned down to low
Put the toast in the toaster oven
Ran the eggs under cold water
Kept an eye on the white sauce, stirring often, peeled the eggs, cut up the whites and added to the sauce
Cut the toast, plated, poured the sauce on and crumbled up the yolks on top.

I think that's it ;)
Took me about 15 minutes
Is your chicken paprikash recipe here? I'm about game for another one of your recipes :chef:

Last edited:
Homemade Burger stroganoff, peas & pearl onions and salad

img_1080892_0_da134867bbff9131356767d3afe1adc7.jpg

Thanks, Kay.

I got two eggs cooking to hard boil
Put some cut up asparagus in a little salted water to simmer for about 6 minutes
Drained the water, shocked the asparagus and drained again
Then added about half a stick of butter on low heat to melt
When melted I turned up the heat and added 1-1/2 to 2 TBS of flour, stirred/cooked for a couple minutes and added the milk (1-1/2c?) plus s&p
Brought to a boil, then turned down to low
Put the toast in the toaster oven
Ran the eggs under cold water
Kept an eye on the white sauce, stirring often, peeled the eggs, cut up the whites and added to the sauce
Cut the toast, plated, poured the sauce on and crumbled up the yolks on top.

I think that's it ;)
Took me about 15 minutes
Is your chicken paprikash recipe here? I'm about game for another one of your recipes :chef:

That sounds so darn good Pac!! I'm gonna do it tomorrow as I have some asparagus that needs cooking. Thanks.

Yep, here's the recipe for http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/kayelles-chicken-paprikash-70254.html
It sure smells good in these here parts. :yum:

Very simple eats at our house tonight.

Dad and I had pancakes, while DH had french toast with his gluten free bread. Dad had no sugar added Aunt Jemima syrup while DH and I had agave syrup.

LPBeier said:
Very simple eats at our house tonight.

Dad and I had pancakes, while DH had french toast with his gluten free bread. Dad had no sugar added Aunt Jemima syrup while DH and I had agave syrup.

What do you think about agave syrup, LP? I kind of like it.

gonna heat up the left over turkey soup, and have french bread, i made from a tube last night. haven't been eating dessert so much lately, so i can have a drink before dinner.

That sounds so darn good Pac!! I'm gonna do it tomorrow as I have some asparagus that needs cooking. Thanks.

Yep, here's the recipe for http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f15/kayelles-chicken-paprikash-70254.html
It sure smells good in these here parts. :yum:

I see I already saw that recipe. oops :wacko:
I'll have to get some hot paprika (I never even heard of that before) and I'll be making it. Of course, not to drag another thread into this one... it sure would be nice to see a pic :rolleyes: Some of the ones I've seen look so runny and greasy. I need a goal :chef:

Here was my Bison steak dinner. I wish they had bigger steaks, but it is what it is. Along with some sugar snap peas, grilled bread with olive oil and raw garlic rubbed on and a baked tater.
I even fired up the Smokey Joe. It still works! :LOL: My timing was a bit off, but 'that's grillin.

Attachments

• dinner 12-7-11-1.jpg
    dinner 12-7-11-1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 160
  • dinner 12-7-11-2.jpg
    dinner 12-7-11-2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 154
msmofet said:
What is agave syrup?

It's a low glycemic syrup made from the agave plant, grown in various warm spots. Kinda looks like aloe. 3 parts agave =4 parts sugar, so you can use less. It doesn't spike diabetics' blood sugar like regular sugar does.

Last edited:
pacanis said:
I see I already saw that recipe. oops :wacko:
I'll have to get some hot paprika (I never even heard of that before) and I'll be making it. Of course, not to drag another thread into this one... it sure would be nice to see a pic :rolleyes: Some of the ones I've seen look so runny and greasy. I need a goal :chef:

Here was my Bison steak dinner. I wish they had bigger steaks, but it is what it is. Along with some sugar snap peas, grilled bread with olive oil and raw garlic rubbed on and a baked tater.
I even fired up the Smokey Joe. It still works! :LOL: My timing was a bit off, but 'that's grillin.

That looks incredible, Pac! Love bison. Couldja send me just a bite, including potato and snap peas? And a bit of garlic bread? Thanks!

Last edited:
That looks incredible, Pac! Love bison. Couldja send me just a bite, including potato and snap peas? And a bit of garlic bread? Thanks!

Well... :ermm: I could send you a bite of the peas... tomorrow... after I cook some more :rolleyes:
It's all I have left :pig:

A mother and next year's steak :angel:
Leaving the farm. Late calf.

Thanks for saying something, Dawg :)

Attachments

• 2011-12-07_11-03-31_532 (Small).jpg
    2011-12-07_11-03-31_532 (Small).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 161
pacanis said:
Well... :ermm: I could send you a bite of the peas... tomorrow... after I cook some more :rolleyes:
It's all I have left :pig:

A mother and next year's steak :angel:
Leaving the farm. Late calf.

Thanks for saying something, Dawg :)

Oh no! The horror! You mean baby becomes next year's steak!?!

One of our dog boarders raises bison. Great stuff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom