Dinner 12/7/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slett

Cook
Caribbean curried chicken & veg roti or Indian beef madras & chicken vindaloo with rice for dinner tonight?

I was just thinking about dinner... while I was eating this.
Eggs Goldenrod with Asparagus over Toast Points.jpg

I might drive into the city and get some city chicken for tonight's dinner. I hate to make the trip just for that, but I haven't had city chicken in a while.

Mushroom and rice one pot for us tonight. Currently making a cheesecake, so mum and her hubby will be having that for dessert. I can't stand it unfortunately!

Inspired

I think an early post about a rediscovered cook book has inspired me to get my lasange on tonight!

I might drive into the city and get some city chicken for tonight's dinner. I hate to make the trip just for that, but I haven't had city chicken in a while.

Are the city chickens wiser and less gullible than the country chickens? :LOL:

Tonight we're having striploin on the BBQ. We'll also have some lovely baked potatoes with all the fixin's, a green salad and a cooked veggie to be named later. I'm going to make sesame sauce for the steak, although striploin really needs nothing to enhance it.

View attachment 12547

Is there a great difference between city and country chicken? :huh:

:LOL:

Oops, Frank I just saw your query on this as well. ;)

Last edited:
Is there a great difference between city and country chicken? :huh:

:LOL:

Oops, Frank I just saw your query on this as well. ;)
Apparently city chicken is pork and veal kabobs. I personally think city chicken is s illy name for it. BUT hey it's just my opinion but pork and veal kabobs are more accurate and more appealing to me.

Homemade burger stoganoff helper. I didn't feel like messing with flank steak. LOL

I will start with a large bowl of steamed broccoli drenched in melted butter. If I am still hungry, maybe some steamed natural casing hot dogs with kraut.

View attachment 12547

I thought that looked familiar, Pac. Eggs goldenrod. I learned to make this in home ec in 1960. I still like to use it to make a deluxe sausage gravy, adding the chopped up egg whites to the sauce and using a tea strainer to powder the yokes over the top.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be making that soon again.

I thought that looked familiar, Pac. Eggs goldenrod. I learned to make this in home ec in 1960. I still like to use it to make a deluxe sausage gravy, adding the chopped up egg whites to the sauce and using a tea strainer to powder the yokes over the top.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be making that soon again.

Yep, good stuff. And it comes together easy. About the time your hard boiled eggs are done and ready to peel, anything else you are adding plus your white sauce is finished.

Well, I'm going to have to let those city chickens live to another day... I went for a drive and was pretty close to the buffalo farm, so I picked up a ribeye. I'll have that with some kind of potatoes tonight.

I think I'll make some Italian style pork chops, cheesy garlic mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli. I might whip up some oatmeal raisin cookies tonight too, if I'm feeling ambitious. Now that I'm on winter vacation from college I finally get to cook during the week!

I have half the hamburger left from last night's burger dinner. I'll do something with that. Maybe spaghetti or some kind of pasta or tacos.

I'm defrosting some previously made and frozen tomato sauce with hot Italian sausage for dinner tonight (with pasta).

Some kind of egg casserole, with bacon jam. Need to use up the expired eggs.

Back
Top Bottom