Dinner 13th September

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Last night we had porterhouse steak with roasted vegetables and we made a lovely tangy BBQ sauce :yum:

Got my wheat fix tonight. Bruscetta and Rigatoni alla Carbonara...

Attachments

• DSC00859.jpg
    DSC00859.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC00866.jpg
    DSC00866.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 180
I went to the Farmer's Market today and picked up three small zucchini squash for a dollar.

I don't see how they can bend over and pick them for only a dollar let alone grow them and truck them to the market.

Zucchini casserole tonight!

I am really praying for a frost to end the flow of zucchini! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

The yungun is working and DH just got home so don't know what we'll have. Neither of us is particularly hungry. May just set out some cold cuts for sandwiches.

Much yummage going on here, guys! Lovely pics, Rock and MsM!

We had bacon, tomato, cuke and onion sandwiches.

A twist on chicken cordon bleu. I used bacon instead of ham when stuffing the chicken. Cooked in the big cast iron skillet, of course. It was a big hit! And I'm calling it chicken cordon brown. Brown is my last name.

Am sitting in a local restaurant having a "chocolate explanation cake" after polishing offa plate of fish and chips!

I went out today and picked up a couple of garden cukes and some fresh fish.

Tonight's dinner is wild caught salmon, garden tomato salad with balsamic vinegar and EVOO and Garden cucumbers in sour cream.

Attachments

• DSC03362.jpg
    DSC03362.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 210
Went to Jade Palace, a local Chinese restaurant. As usual, we had the buffet. As usual it was good, but not spectacular. Service, as always was prompt and friendly. Stirling has been eating there since they opened in 1989 or 1990, so he gets a 10% discount. We had Tsing Tao (Chinese beer) with supper.

Am sitting in a local restaurant having a "chocolate explanation cake" after polishing off a plate of fish and chips!

That's "chocolate EXPLOSION cake", my fingers and my phone keyboard do not always get along! Besides I was distracted by the chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, spiked with large chunks of turtle cheesecake, chocolate flakes and drizzled with chocolate sauce and whipped cream on the side! :pig:

So there, you got the "explanation" of the "explosion"! ;)

I went out today and picked up a couple of garden cukes and some fresh fish.

Tonight's dinner is wild caught salmon, garden tomato salad with balsamic vinegar and EVOO and Garden cucumbers in sour cream.

Andy, that looks truly amazing! :)

LPBeier said:
That's "chocolate EXPLOSION cake", my fingers and my phone keyboard do not always get along! Besides I was distracted by the chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, spiked with large chunks of turtle cheesecake, chocolate flakes and drizzled with chocolate sauce and whipped cream on the side! :pig:

So there, you got the "explanation" of the "explosion"! ;)

:LOL: Wondered what kind of "explaining" you would have to do, LP! Sounds great!

And indeed, Andy, looks fantastic!

Last edited:
It's much too hot today for soup, but when the urge hits I just crank up the AC and thank my lucky stars for having it. I just can not wait any longer for a great bowl of soup! Steve has never had my version of War Won Ton soup so tonight is the night!

I don't have a recipe but basically, it's rich chicken broth seasoned with rice wine vinegar, Five Spice powder, white pepper and Soy sauce. To that I add quarter moons of white onion, sliced ribs of Napa cabbage, re hydrated sliced Shiitake mushrooms and simmer gently till tender. Then I add a package of defrosted frozen pot stickers, and simmer till they are tender. At the last I add a few shrimp and serve.

Dang good eats. :D

It's much too hot today for soup, but when the urge hits I just crank up the AC and thank my lucky stars for having it. I just can not wait any longer for a great bowl of soup! Steve has never had my version of War Won Ton soup so tonight is the night!

I don't have a recipe but basically, it's rich chicken broth seasoned with rice wine vinegar, Five Spice powder, white pepper and Soy sauce. To that I add quarter moons of white onion, sliced ribs of Napa cabbage, re hydrated sliced Shiitake mushrooms and simmer gently till tender. Then I add a package of defrosted frozen pot stickers, and simmer till they are tender. At the last I add a few shrimp and serve.

Dang good eats. :D
Sounds like it. I could do that minus the soy.

Back
Top Bottom